[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im taking a nutrition class and I just learned you should only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: bigmeme.png (303KB, 450x393px) Image search: [Google]
bigmeme.png
303KB, 450x393px
Im taking a nutrition class and I just learned you should only consume about .8g-1g protein per Kg (2.2lb) of weight.
Excess protein is not converted to muscle, instead it is stored as glucose and fat and used for energy. Excess protein puts a strain on your kidneys.
I was memed by fit. Supplements dont make a big difference just eat a balanced diet and exercise.
>>
nice meme
>>
>>42084170
Listen to your professor not a bunch of retards on a Panamanian chinchilla trading forum
>>
>>42084170
>>42084403
your "professor" is a retard who only cares about his next paycheck rather than keeping up to date with the latest science in his field

>The current RDA for protein is 0.8 g/kg/day with multiple lines of evidence indicating this value is not an appropriate amount for a training athlete to meet their daily needs.

>Daily intakes of 1.4 to 2.0 g/kg/day operate as a minimum recommended amount while greater amounts may be needed for people attempting to restrict energy intake while maintaining fat-free mass.

SOURCE:
Google this- (can't post link cause 4chan is picking it up as spam)
>International Society of Sports Nutrition Position Stand: protein and exercise | Journal of the International Society of Sports ... - BioMed Central
>>
I think you're misreading the usual protein advice.

When maintaining or cutting, people are advised to consume a lot of protein (e.g. the 1.5g per lbs recommendation in the sticky) because foods rich with protein are very satiating and it's going to be a lot harder to overeat when eating protein-rich foods as opposed to foods that mostly have carbohydrates and fats. Overeating is way more common than undereating, and it really doesn't hurt to replace the consumed fat with protein, even if that protein is stored as fat - it's still going to be less calories than consumed fat of the same mass, and it's going to be more satiating than the consumed carbohydrates of the same mass. Also, 1.5g of protein per lbs is nowhere near enough to strain the kidney in any significant way.

As for bulking, year, it's still a good idea to get a bit of extra protein over the maximum for what's converted into muscle, just to be sure you're eating enough. And even if the usual recommended amount is about double the necessary amount, it doesn't really hurt anyone. Hell, even if you're trying to do a very clean bulk and are limiting stuff above what's necessary for building muscle, eating extra protein will help with satiation and ensure you won't have an urge to overeat.
>>
File: 1499511938871.jpg (57KB, 640x466px) Image search: [Google]
1499511938871.jpg
57KB, 640x466px
>>42084170
>Excess protein is not converted to muscle
nobody believes this to be the case

>Excess protein puts a strain on your kidneys.
patently false

>I went to an introductory nutrition class
please share your wisdom with us
>>
>>42084403
This
>>
My "health" class required in undergrad said that 0.3g per pound is ideal for bodybuilders.
>>
>>42084170
excess protein is stored in liver until the body has time to synthesize it all
you know just incase you starve/fast for the next few days and your body still has plenty of body fat and glycogen

turning protein into glucose is gluconeogenesis
gluconeogenesis is a demand-driven body reaction to low blood sugar
gluconeogenesis is NOT a supply-driven only ate meat today despite having plenty of glycogen in liver

your professor is retarded
keep studying
>>
>>42084170
>Supplements dont make a big difference just eat a balanced diet and exercise
Truest fucking words that have been written on this board. Supplements won't change shit if your training is garbage. All you fucking have to do is focus on progression, supplements are useless (including protein powder - just eat a balanced fucking meal you mong)
>>
>>42084170
OP there are people on this board that will recommend pizza and fast food to bulk. Everyone here is misguided and uniformed
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.