[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For the sake of the summer children, let's have an honest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Owen_Hubbart_270kg_Deadlift.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Owen_Hubbart_270kg_Deadlift.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
For the sake of the summer children, let's have an honest discussion about deadlifts

>belt
Yeah still a deadlift
>over/under
Still a deadlift
>chalk
Yep
>sumo
Yeah still a deadlift
>straps
For gym lifts, yes it's a deadlift

Any other opinion is guaranteed coming from a DYEL weakling

Dissent must be accompanied by proof of respectable deadlift
>>
I previously used a hex bar but my new gym doesn't have one. I can only do sumos and the bar still scrapes my knees. Is there anything I'm losing out on by not being able to do regular deadlifts?
>>
>>42081305
What if I don't slam the weight down and use the bounce to make my next rep happen (slam lifts), is that a deadlift?
>>
>>42081929
it's called a DEAD lift for a reason.

Dead weight being lifting, if you use a bounce it's not a deadlift. it's some other kind.
>>
>>42081305
i'm having trouble getting my deadlift up. are there any deadlift specific routines i can follow that will work? currently bulking so nutrition is good.
>>
>>42082031
Work accessory lifts, like Rows, Shrugs, and calf raises.
>>
Volume
>>
File: (You).png (553B, 35x24px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
553B, 35x24px
>>
>>42081305
A sumo deadlift isn't a deadlift, it's a sumo deadlift.
>>
>>42082176
>French food isn't food, it's French food
>>
>>42082211
>playing on semantics to justify a bastardised and objectively easier lift
>>
>>42082211
>Doing a deadlift in France isn't a deadlift, it's a French deadlift
>>
>>42081305
The deadlift should be replaced with the power clean
>>
>>42082082
calf raises wut
>>
>>42082222
If that was true no powerlifters would do conventional.
>>
>>42082224
that doesn't work
>>
>sumo
yeah, doesn't count
>>
What is a respectable DL weight to start thinking about a belt?
>>
>all these DYELs that think sumo is easier than conventional

Go pull your max, conventional, then try to do it sumo. Even if you have pretty good sumo form, you probably won't pull as much unless your anatomy is built for it.
>>
>>42081305
At some point, some of these things stack and synergize that it's barely even a deadlift.

There are manlets on instagram that can pull 700+ in the gym, but barely break 600 at meets. This is because:

>bendaroo bar, removes a couple inches of ROM before you actually have the full load in your hands
>super wide sumo, allowed in comp, but reduces ROM further
>straps, allows you to let the bar rest almost a full inch lower in your hand, cutting ROM even further

You add this shit to a sumo deadlift (which already has a shortened ROM), and you're suddenly cutting that ROM by another 20-30%. It makes for neat instagram PRs, but then your competition deadlift is like 100 lbs lower.

>bonus points for using 4 bumper plates, then putting iron plates on the end of the bar for maximum bendaroo assistance
>>
>>42082031
What is your body weight and deadlift?

>>42082222
>>42082250
Exactly. It's easier for some anatomies, but not all. There is a reason all the biggest deadlifts in history have been pulled conventional. Sumo doesn't work as well for large men.

>>42082298
Whenever the fuck you want. Read the 70s big articles on belts.
>>
>>42082407
>There is a reason all the biggest deadlifts in history have been pulled conventional.

Correct, sumo isn't allowed in strongman :)
>>
sumo is less ROM
i dont really give a shit about competition but thats why i think theyre stupid
>>
>>42082222
>low-bar squats aren't squats

see how easy that is?
>>
File: IMG_0239.jpg (41KB, 408x632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0239.jpg
41KB, 408x632px
Sumo??
>>
>>42081305
I fucking love this little pre-lift routine he did. It's so autistic and spot on, would totally get me hyped.
>>
>>42082543
I don't lowbar squat
>>
>>42082728
Sumo deadlift is legal in powerlifting, so it's a deadlift.

That's like saying that a split jerk isn't a jerk.
>>
>>42082957
It isn't. If you split the jerk it's only half of one dumbass.
>>
>>42082007
It's also very dangerous to bounce with any heavy weight
>>
File: 1499306680547.png (843KB, 926x1138px) Image search: [Google]
1499306680547.png
843KB, 926x1138px
I think I'm going to start using straps for all my deadlifts, my hands just can't take the beating from pulling twice a week (doing nuckols 2x int program)

also my grip strength is an obvious weakness since I have always done mixed and never really focused on it specifically, is that leddit beginner grip training routine any good?
>>
>>42081929
When I deadlift, I pick up dead weight instead of touch and go. I expect the same when people tell me they do x amount of reps
>>
>>42083352
just hook. Also do nucks 2x int for DL. Never had grip issues even when maxing. Your hand rarely hurts during the sets. Usually, its the day after your thumb is killing u
>>
>>42084144
I would have to lower my max a ton to get used to hook grip, and that is not something I'm going to do on a calorie deficit
>>
>>42082957
>appeal to legality
IPF fucked up.
>>
>>42084344
You're right we should do the crossfit thing
>>
>>42083352
Is that Jordan?

Also, do you pull sumo or conventional? If conventional, do you use sumo as the opposite stance since the program asks you to?
>>
>>42084415
idk who the picture is to be honest with you, just some jacked dude deadlifting

I pull conventional and use sumo as my alternate stance work, which I think is probably the ideal situation for that program (I think doing 5x6 with conventional would be hell and a lot more fatiguing than doing it sumo)
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.