[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fat piece of shit here. I've been looking at gym options

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: this is me.jpg (58KB, 676x1024px) Image search: [Google]
this is me.jpg
58KB, 676x1024px
Fat piece of shit here. I've been looking at gym options and prices nearby and want some advice

There's planet fitness that just opened up and sent some shit in the mail about $10 reg and $10 a month for the first year. Sounds good for budget

There's a Crossfit place that I alway see people doing stupid shit in, and half the inside is rowing machines. No idea on prices.

There's an anytime fitness on about every corner, no idea on the prices of them either but I hear its cheap.

And finally there's a local chain called Spectrum that costs $60 to join and $55 a month starting, with monthly discounts depending on how long you choose at once. I have no idea what all this includes besides access to machines but the website mentions pools and sports courts, though I don't think the one nearby has enough space for any of that.

Is $50+ a month normal? I'd like whatever gym I join to have a trainer or somebody experienced on hand when I'm a newshit to teach me how not to destroy myself accidentally. I also don't have any friends to try and rope into going with me, or teach me.
>>
>>42074316
50 bucks a month is steep. Check the anytime fitness for prices.
>>
The cheapest one charges you based on how many days you go per week. 1 day = $10 per month.
>>
>>42074382
>cheapest one in my region

Fix'd.
>>
>>42074360
I dunno if anytime is national but I know their whole point is 24/7 access. They're also usually kinda small and tossed into strip malls so I'm not sure if they have weight stuff or just like a row of treadmills and bikes. At least I know they have those rows since that's all you can see from outside.
>>
>>42074316

How fat and out of shape are you? You probably won't need the more expensive gym equipment until you get to a reasonable fitness level. Start with calorie restriction first.

If money is no issue then sure go with the more expensive one if you want.

Also if one of the gyms is a lot closer then that gym is probably the one I'd choose.

And some gyms let you try then out for free for a day or as long as a week so you should take advantage of that and don't let them pressure you into signing up right away. Take your time.
>>
>>42074431
Around 270 and 6'. Extremely out of shape and kinda bad back, but that may just be from being fat. I work in a restaurant so I do sweat a lot each day but it's just from it being fucking hot.

They're all roughly the same distance away from my house and my work is in the middle of 3 of them. I think they all have 1-2 week trials as well. Should I just try each and then decide?
>>
Crossfit gyms are about ~$100 a mo. I know all the work outs look dumb as shit and I know CF gets shit on everywhere but if you need group support and morale, I suggest going to the CF gym. No one is expecting you to bust out 50 dead lifts and 50 burpees right away. They will work with you for ~3 weeks or so going over every movement (olympic or other weight lifting) and making sure your form is correct. Once you get that down they will most likely elevate you to a regular class. Even then you don't need to go crazy, it is honestly do what you can and do the best of it.
>>
File: 1462025475527.png (19KB, 675x694px) Image search: [Google]
1462025475527.png
19KB, 675x694px
>>42074971
>group support and morale
>>
>>42074316
Type "Fitness" into google maps, not gym.
>>
>>42075041
the only new edition is a place called Curves. And a dozen more anytimes. I wasn't searching for gym online or anything, just went by what I know is nearby. did search online for info about them
>>
>>42074488
Yeah I'd just try each and decide which one you think you would attend the most regularly. I've been a member of a lot of gyms in the past and more expensive is not always better. It depends on the atmosphere, if people are annoying, etc.

I started with Planet Fitness and lost a lot of weight there. Main disadvantage is they probably aren't going to have barbells, but you can just do dumbbell exercises for a long time and use their machines. I think they have a free personal trainer but I never used them, just use YouTube and stick to basic shit and try and increase the weights when you can. I've outgrown the place a long time ago, but it probably could have taken me 6 months to a year of being a fat weakling before I really wanted to do a strength building routine.
>>
Look into YMCAs too, OP. My local Y has all of the real equipment (not just the meme machines for women and homosexuals), and it's only 30 a month because I'm under 27.
>>
>>42075138
You should do at least an internet search. You could be overlooking a great gym at a really affordable price. My gym has everything I could ever want for $15/mo, easily being better than some $60/mo gyms I've tried. It really depends on your area though.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.