[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I wanted to add a 3 to 5 mile run to my daily weight training,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2683.jpg (101KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2683.jpg
101KB, 1024x1024px
If I wanted to add a 3 to 5 mile run to my daily weight training, where should I add it? Right after lifting weights? Before? Does it matter?
>>
>>42072891
I always do cardio after weights because I'm more exhausted after cardio and wouldn't be able to lift after. do what works for you friend-o
>>
>>42072910
Thats what I figured and usually do but I was worried if some bullshit like "if you do cardio after lifting heavy then it burns fat but also muscle mass!"
>>
>>42072910

This, plus I sweat a lot and I would just be constantly wiping down the equipment.
>>
>>42072910
I tried lifting after cardio for the first time yesterday and it was retarded, I got through like half of my scheduled lifts then I hit a huge wall and just flat out didnt have the energy to go on. I also got terrible sleep that night so who knows
>>
>>42072891
for best cardiovascular health/weight loss results add HIIT after weight training
>>
I would reccomend shorter and bedore to get circulation and also get warmed up it sounds like a joke but could increase performance by getting your body ready for the strain of lifting
>>
>>42072947
It's funny when I see kids posting this kind of crap.

Yeah, misplaced cardio can utterly destroy muscle mass and I am speaking from experience. So show some fucking respect, punk?
>>
I wouldn't do cardio immediately after weight training because it takes the blood out of the muscles which can retard recovery.

Either before or do like a two a day where you do cardio in the morning and lift in the evening.
>>
>>42072891
Depends on your goals, if you wanna build muscle, do it before the weight-lifting, it doesn't measurable decrease performance during the lifting, but if you run AFTER lifting it will massively decrease hypertrophy, so not recommended. The best thing would be to run on the opposite time of the day to your lifting.
>>
>>42072891
I typically run when I wake up in the morning and lift later in the afternoon, so far I've felt better about it than running just before or after lifting.
>>
>>42074190
>what is eating?
>>
>>42072891
MAMA

>makes sucking sounds
>>
>>42074281
some people only have a window of time to work out though which is why they do it all at once
>>
>>42072891

You can't fit more in your week? I typically run Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday, personally, and lift M/W/F.

It's not as bad if you're on a split where you don't work legs the day you run, but squatting on the day you run is gonna suck ass, bruh. Maybe run the mornings of your chest/arms days, or the evenings, depending on when you work out.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.