[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have recently been diagnosed with IBS-C, and it has been affecting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170708_110634.jpg (110KB, 432x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170708_110634.jpg
110KB, 432x768px
I have recently been diagnosed with IBS-C, and it has been affecting me negatively when it comes to keeping my muscles and exercise in general.

I have lost about 10kg in the past six months due to lack of energy to exercise and improper nutrition due to the limited diet i have between my hands. Aswell as general weakness and fatigue which i think mostly caused by my loss of muscles.

I also have been told that i should limit my protein intake per meal, strictly have no gluten or diary products due to lactose intolerance, and

How do i continue to regain my gains with the symptoms i have? currently i'm 76kg at 179cm. I need to follow a low FODMAP diet and be very careful of what i eat.
Any advice or similar experience?
>>
>lactose intolerance
There's no hope.
>>
wouldnt it be better if you ask a doctor and / or specialized nutritionist instead of shitposters on a mongolian basketweaving exchange forum?
>>
>>42067540

Care to explain why? Many do have lactose intolerance and seem to get by.
>>
>>42067546

This is a very good idea, i'm currently waiting to be transferred to a doctor who can help me.

But i have figured /fit/ could have an idea or two, it was worth a try.
>>
File: IMAG0570.jpg (742KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0570.jpg
742KB, 2560x1440px
>>42067417
I do low fodmap it's boring but I eat mainly just spinach, rice and mince which switches between beef and Turkey, sometimes I'll have salmon or some gluten free foods, also I can eat yoghurt so I have a lot of Greek yoghurt with maple syrup to sweeten it
>>
>>42067593

i've just gone back to eating oats and bread after a while of leaving them aside, i'm still not sure if i can handle greek yogurt or anything similar so i'm sticking to almond yogurt and other substitutes.

i need to get used to Spinach and rice wheat pastas.. been trying to eat more liver to increase my iron intake as well.

Thanks for the feedback man, keep getting strong!
>>
Fodmap bro here with diagnosed C. Follow the elimination diet and work in other foods. I learned that lactose is a huge trigger for me, gluten not so much, polyols yes, fructans produce gas but not bloating. Hard cheeses are your way back into dairy if you are like me. Steel cut oats. Eat more veggies that are sanctioned by the monash (tm) fodmap app. Fast more, pick your battles if you will.
>>
So you can't eat dairy, grains, fruit and have to keep your diet at minimum proteins. Looks like you're gonna have to drown yourself in veggies.

>>42067547
He's just spouting memes.
>>
>>42067417
How on earth do you guys weight so much whilst having zero to none muscle development? It is not like 179 is that much of a height to exlpain weight like this.
>>
>>42067417
Water fast for forty eight hours, break the fast with a green smoothie, no fruit. Wait another day and start adding real whole foods into your diet. Brussels sprouts, broccoli, asparagus, sweet potato, spinach, kale, avocado, ect... Also, L-glutamine does wonders for the intestines, and can be used as a replacement for whey. Combine it with BCAAs post/intra workout. Check out examine.com and read up on glutamine. I suffered for almost a couple months from symptoms I thought were IBS. After a month and a half I said fuck this and did all the above.
>>
>>42067417
>poopypants preventing gains: the post
>>
File: 1488631941889.jpg (465KB, 750x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1488631941889.jpg
465KB, 750x1160px
>>42067417
Peppermint Oil for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: http://youtu.be/LgiYwxTI0Ks

Cayenne Pepper for IBS and Indigestion: http://youtu.be/-B8Fqmkbl5I

Kiwifruit for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: http://youtu.be/M2TaD7rO100

Idk much about your condition, but i'd look into probiotics. The yogurt is a good start in that direction.
>>
Try roiding, it should fix your intolerences
>>
>>42067547
Many aren't fit. I'm sorry.
>>
>>42067417
You're a 9/10.
>>
You look like you weight 20 less kg than you what claim
>>
I've got Ulcerative Colitis and yeah it's tough to bulk. Though I've found since getting /fit/ symptoms have definitely gotten better. Definitely discuss this with a real Dr though, as it's such an individual approach that's needed. good luck anon.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.