[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever get days where you're just really weak? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: close-grip-bench-press.jpg (27KB, 483x300px) Image search: [Google]
close-grip-bench-press.jpg
27KB, 483x300px
Do you ever get days where you're just really weak? What causes these?

Did I not eat enough this week? Not sleep enough? Not enough rest?

I can't lift my typical weights at all. This happens every couple of weeks where I just cannot lift
>>
>>42065464
CNS needs time to recover.

Bet my paycheck you don't deload or recomp.
>>
>>42065479
I had to deload by 10% to even be capable of lifting anything, when 2 days ago I did those weights and failed my final set that's why I didn't increase

I'm doing SL 5x5

If I fail even just the last set a little but, should I deload or try the same weights again?
>>
>>42065479
CNS burnout is a /fit/ boogieman, it's much more likely your muscles didn't recover than your CNS (otherwise, low volume but high intensity programs like Bulgarian method would not work at all)
>>42065464
maybe you didn't eat enough, maybe you didn't sleep enough, maybe you didn't recover from your last workout (no, not your precious CNS that /fit/ thinks is some sort of faberge egg), maybe you have accumulated a lot of fatigue from multiple previous training sessions

since you're on SL, I'm going to go with fatigue accumulation on this one

the problem with SL is that it has you squatting with some serious volume (5x5 3x a week) AND expects you to attempt to linearly progress the weight you use for this each session

this is because the guy who wrote SL, Medhi, ripped off SS and arbitrarily added some sets and switched PCs for rows, and marketed it like some new routine, without really understanding programming (as evidenced by him deadlift less than I did in high school after 10 years of training)

time to go to 3x5 for squats, OP
>>
>>42065464
5x5 is horrible.
Every month has 4 weeks.
One week should always be spent in recovery.
Week 1 should have three days of your chosen workout (you can choose multiple workouts). Day 1 should be 7x7 at 50% 1RPM, Day 2 should be 5x5 at 60% and Day 3 should be 3x3. at 70%
Each week you should increase sets and reps by 1 and weight by an additional 5%.
On the rest week do the chosen exercise for 1rpm and see how it feels.
If it's too easy increase weight by 2.5% for the next month.
Do this every month until your body can't handle the weight and you die horribly snapping your body.
Allows for recovery, deload, and steady progression.

Don't bulk or cut, eat to stay at a certain body fat and just eat a little more to gain muscle.
gghf, stop following meme programs.
>>
>>42065647
>5x5 at 60%
I've been doing my 3x5 hat a constant 85% forever now. Am I retardd?
>>
Yes there's - there's so many variables that go into a workout. Mental aspects (some days your head just isn't in it and this effects performance). Hydration, sleep, hunger, temperature (when it's cold out it can drain your strength). Your body may be fighting off an infection. Or your CNS is fatigued.
>>
Never. Been lifting 5 years.

Your routine is probably just shit
OR
You're not even doing the routine properly
>>
>>42066330
You've always been weak
>>
It happens to me when I decide to be a retard and eat a lot of greasy food before working out.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgYb7glYFUA
>>
>>42066335
>projecting this hard

How mad are you that people like me have hit 3 plate bench presses and 6 plate deadlifts without stalling?

You're probably doing your own shitty made up routine and have no idea how to distribute your volume over the course of a week, and you probably don't even train lifts that ensure you continue progressing.

Sad!
>>
File: 1498028742768.jpg (54KB, 641x529px) Image search: [Google]
1498028742768.jpg
54KB, 641x529px
>>42065464
How does he get into position to bench and how does he rerack the bar when hes done?
>>
>>42065464
happened to me today didn't feel like I even had the energy to drive to the gym but I was way busier today than usual

on the other hand up until now from a week or two ago i've added 5-10 lbs to all my lifts and gained like a pound of muscle plus I skipped my last rest day i probably just burnt myself out
>>
>>42066359
Post body keyboard warrior
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.