[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I join a boxing gym or is it a bad idea and will I become

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Should I join a boxing gym or is it a bad idea and will I become retarded from being hit on the head?
also what does the average boxer body look like
>>
>>42061942
yes, boxing is fun, you probably wont get more retarded than you currently are posting on fit.
Averages boxer who competes is a twig, but you dont have to be like that to enjoy the sport
>>
You're not going to get brain damage from boxing unless you are a full time professional.
>>
>>42061942
>will getting repeatedly punched in the head be good for my brain

What do you think?
>>
>>42061942
I boxed for six months and quit because my brain got rattled around too much, even from very light sparring and drills. "LOL JUST BOB AND WEAVE FAG" yeah no, there's no way around it, you're gonna get hit a lot and your brain doesn't heal from trauma. Take up a non-striking martial art.
>>
>>42061942
https://youtu.be/5Vv7kZjFSLE
>>
File: 2012-cauliflower-ear.jpg (38KB, 450x484px) Image search: [Google]
2012-cauliflower-ear.jpg
38KB, 450x484px
>>42061942
enjoy your ear gains
>>
>>42061942
Any good fitness routines aimed towards boxing?
>>
>>42061942
I've been boxing for 8 years and I accept that my brains probably kinda fucked now; it didn't bother me when I was younger but now I'm 27 I'm starting to become aware of the fact I should be looking after my health.

Your body will pretty much look otter mode if you compete at lighter weight classes; at heavyweight amateur level it's mostly fat guys or people out of shape; or at least that's the case over here in the UK. I left boxing and started competing in K1 rules kickboxing; I fight at 66kg and I'm lean as hell when I fight. If you don't get skinny you're setting yourself up a hard time; my first fight I was fighting at 71kg and I was just a skinnyfat; a much larger and stronger guy was my opponent and I just got bullied about the ring for 3 rounds.
>>
>will I become retarded from being hit on the head?

You were retarded long before that.
>>
>>42063032 hey it's >>42063065 here

Heres what my fight training usually looks like

Monday:
7pm - 7.45pm HIIT circuit training. Hard.
7.45pm - 8.45pm Sparring and ringcraft

Tuesday:
No classes on so I usually go down the gym and go on the bag. I set my interval timer app to do 5 2 minute rounds with 50 second rest to warm up, and then I'll do 3 minute rounds with 1 minute rest. Then I'll do 50 second rounds with 20 seconds rest of different HIIT exercises like slamming a heavy medicine ball, burpees, explosive squats, non stop straight punches on the bag, non stop power punches etc.

Wednesday:
6.30pm - 7.30pm Boxing fight fitness class, maybe sparring, maybe padwork, maybe circuit training.
7.30pm - 8pmish sparring

Thursday:
6pm - 7pm
Padwork technique class and maybe some sparring after

Friday: Boxing class doing fitness and padwork

I'll usually do 4 out of 5 week nights a week, and then on a saturday or a sunday I'll do hill sprints up a steep hill (I live on a steep hill)

I quit competing recently, but up until then I was 6 wins 1 loss, 2 wins in boxing and 4 wins in K1 kickboxing. I still train but I don't train as much; maybe only 3 or 4 times a week for single classes; and I don't push myself as hard as I did before. I already work full time and it was getting to be like a second job. It takes a level of commitment to compete that doesn't leave much room for anything else in life.
>>
>>42063152
Thanks anon, do you have any recommendations for what HIIT routines/exercises to do? I'm planning on getting into boxing when my Uni starts up again and want to get into shape?
>>
>>42061942

If its for self defense then no. I've seen guys who've taken years of training to get their ass whooped in a street fight because they got body slammed or ate a knee or kick to the face.
>>
>>42063194
You'll learn exercises in class; but heres what I do usually if I'm doing a small HIIT circuit

50 second rounds, 15-20 second rest

1. Non stop strong straight punches on the punch bag

2. Pick up 10kg rubber medicine ball, lift it high above your head and slam it down as hard as you can. Repeat.

3. Bounce on your feet while pushing an empty barbell back and forth out from your chest. This exhausts the triceps

4. Put a small cardio step the bunnies in gym use and sidestep over it constantly, both feet on the ground, both feet on the step, both feet on the other side and then repeat back over the step.

5. Burpees

6. Lay flat on your belly with your arms stretched out in a jesus christ pose, stand up fast as possible and hit the bag with straight punches 5 times. Lay back down and repeat.

Theres some examples, just repeat them and do them all fast as you can. Ultimately though you won't ever get as fit as you will if you're in a class; you might think you're pushing yourself hard when you're alone but you push harder due to peer pressure of being in a class, or having your coach shout something like "come on X push yourself" in front of everybody during the circuit.
>>
File: 1497916162866.jpg (283KB, 1200x1687px) Image search: [Google]
1497916162866.jpg
283KB, 1200x1687px
>just box bro
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.