[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is sumo nutrition so ridiculously stupid? Ive watched severel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: sumowtf.jpg (138KB, 450x302px) Image search: [Google]
sumowtf.jpg
138KB, 450x302px
Why is sumo nutrition so ridiculously stupid? Ive watched severel docus/YT vids now and their diet is just beyond stupid.

A typical sumo wrestler (including the world champion), eats a soup called 'chankonabe' every fucking day. Its a soup with shitloads of vegetables. And they drink quite alot of beer with it. FUCKING BEER. And they are actually convinced that the soup is very usefull for gaining weight. Now im quite happy for them that their hitting their micro's due to all the vegetables, and surely, they put quite some meat including fatty meats in there, but even with all the fatty meat, their fucking main meal still consists our of mainly water and vegetables. How can that ever be a good idea if your purpose is to get as fat as possible? And then they drink fucking beer, as if athletic performance means shit to them.

I say this is a case of a sport still living 500 years ago. There is such incredibly room for improvement here.
>>
File: hakuho with wife and kid.jpg (70KB, 550x343px) Image search: [Google]
hakuho with wife and kid.jpg
70KB, 550x343px
>>42060881
>There is such incredibly room for improvement here.
Than make the improvement and become rich.

It's seriously that easy. There's a lot of money and pussy in sumo wrestling to be had, so why not get to it, instead of shitposting on /fit/?
>>
did a sumo wrestler rape you or something OP?
>>
>>42060917
Lol, im actually a nutrition student and this is not a bad idea.
>>
>>42060929
Nah i just get annoyed with extreme amateurism exists in high places. I also get extremely triggered when i see big companies with cheap logo's or outdated websites, etc. I guess its just autism but ye, i do get that.
>>
>>42060881
If you're getting enough calories consistently to grow then I don't think the details matter that much mate. I wouldn't get my panties into such a bunch about what they eat especially considering as far as mega bulks go it's not that bad.
https://youtu.be/vBE9s8ZpU88
>>
>>42060932
>im actually a nutrition student
This explains it.

From somebody who's already got a license to practice: traditional meals > everything you might come up with.

At the end of the day, you cannot design an optimal meal plan that is sustainable and if you try, you end up with shit that's already been done for centuries.
>>
>>42061010
But it doesnt need to be 'sustainable' as in like, for life. These guys are athletes. Top athletes always stick to their meal plans, so they are more than sustainable enough. If you cant stick to a meal plan while you are a top athlete you dont deserve to be a top athlete imo.

I absolutly agree with you that dietary interventions always fail because they dont have long term sustainability in mind. Absolutely no doubt about it. But these are athletes we are talking about. People who make sacrifices for performance. This is something entirely different
>>
>>42061060
then enter the ranks with your optimal diet, win some championships and put them all to shame if it's all so simple
>>
>>42061083
Haha, no thanks. Using the "well do it better yourself then!" argument as soon as someone makes a reasonable observation about an imperfection is just sad though. That mindset will never get you anywhere. Instead, try to find pleasure in reasoning about how to improve the world.
>>
>>42061060
>Top athletes always stick to their meal plans
You've never worked with any top athlete in your life, have you?
>If you cant stick to a meal plan while you are a top athlete you dont deserve to be a top athlete imo.
>dont deserve to be a top athlete
>imo

You are a top athlete if you are a top fucking athlete. That's all there is to it. There is no 'deserve'. You preform better than others, or you don't. Nobody gives a shit how and why.
>>
File: 1391506882131.jpg (91KB, 403x554px)
1391506882131.jpg
91KB, 403x554px
>>42061096
>try to find pleasure in reasoning about how to improve the world
>>
>>42061060
>If you cant stick to a meal plan while you are a top athlete you dont deserve to be a top athlete imo.
I don't think you understand how athletics works. Either:

1. Do things your way and rise to the top of the sport you think you know something about, thus proving you do.
2. Get on your soapbox and see if someone listens to the nutrition student who thinks he knows better than generations of competitors in a sport that's hundreds of years old.
3. Admit you probably don't know nearly as much as you thought you did and be quiet.

If they're winning, they "deserve" to be a top athlete. That's what a top athlete does: they win.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.