[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get back in to shape? When I was a kid my parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170701-213029.png (436KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170701-213029.png
436KB, 1080x1920px
How do I get back in to shape?

When I was a kid my parents pretty much forced me into swimming because I was naturally gifted. I was always taller and just more natural in the water than 99.9% of people. I kept at it and trained my ass off. I was on national teams, competed at the international level, competed at Olympic trials and just sort of did it all. I was recruited to tier 1 college programs in the US. I was even invited to do a workout with the Navy SEALS (inB4 copypasta).

Then after a year of college swimming I got caught fucking up with alcohol, drugs, and some other shit. At the time I didn't care, I was ready to party. I joined a fraternity and basically haven't done a workout in 5 years.

Yesterday was my 25th birthday and I was looking through my birthday pics from years past and they are just a time lapse of me looking worse and worse. What do I do /fit/? I've never had to "get back into shape" because when I was working out hard I was already in shape. How do I get my start? How do I change my diet? The only workout diet I've ever known is the ottermode 5000 calorie a day shit you do when you're swimming competitively.

Please help me.
>>
Read the sticky, for starters. Why do you think it's there?

Calculate your TDEE and eat less then that if you need to lose weight, and build muscle to burn more fat and get strong.
>>
>>42055371
Bumping
>>
>>42055371
Read the stick, count your calories, take an appetite suppressant
>>
>>42055381
Yeah but the fucking motivation, man. I used to love working out and competing. It's just feels so different now.

Also reading thru sticky, thanks for pointing me there
>>
>>42055400
Appetite suppressant? Amphetamines or otc? I know nothing about these
>>
>>42055371
To me it's quite obvious that you should start swimming again
>>
Did you have to turn up the volume on those muffins OP?
>>
>>42055408
You're either going to do it, or you aren't. I never worked out until I had to for my health, and now I feel like I have no choice which is motivation enough.

If knowing you used to look good and be healthy and now you don't isn't motivation enough, just keep getting worse and see how that goes.
>>
File: bronkaid.jpg (71KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
bronkaid.jpg
71KB, 500x500px
>>42055419
Ephedrine/caffeine stack. 1tab of Bronkaid and a caffeine tab mid-morning and you'll be good for the day.
>>
File: nice.png (19KB, 373x336px) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
19KB, 373x336px
Good post OP, nothing like good ol' schadenfreude to start the day.
>>
>>42055422
If you saw me in a speedo now you may change your opinion. On a serious note, swimming is time and technique intensive but I agree. It seems like the best option. The problem is the pain. I have suffered through workouts with Olympians and had my ass handed to me and I didn't care. Now 16 year old are killing me and, honestly, it's tough on me when that happens. It is painful to admit but it's true, ego is a part of this equation.
>>
>>42055465
When I get on fit I generally see posts about people who are working towards goals or have reached rock bottom and need lots of help. I used to be in fantastic shape and now I'm just sorta lost in regaining a part of that. What I'm trying to say is that I don't expect to look the way I did when I was 20, I just want to get rid of my beer gut and not feel disgusting when I have sex. Is that such a lofty ambition?
>>
>>42055496
Show body in 20 yo and now
>>
>>42055575

Sorry homo. I don't need/fit/ to tell me I've gotten out of shape. I am well aware.
>>
>>42055628
But you need fit to tell you how to stop eating like shit?
>>
>>42055575
I'll just say I've gone from 6'3" 175 lbs to 6'3" 220
>>
>>42055466

the answer seems simple to me:

kill your ego to make personal gains
or
allow your ego to steal your gains

up to you homie
>>
>>42055714
I need to get my fat ass back in the fucking pool even though I'm going to hate it. Thanks
>>
>>42055371
So this happens to chad after college.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.