[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm gonna try and learn how to do a backflip. Got any tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

I'm gonna try and learn how to do a backflip.

Got any tips on, drills, exercises or mobility work I should look into?
>>
how old are you
>>
>>42050484

>>
>>42050475
Do ab work

Find a gymnasium with foam pit

Learn to backflip

Do it on a flat surface

???

Profit
>>
Deadlift if you don't have the strength. For a backflip, you need to have strong rectus femoris muscles to get the mobility you need.

Also being able to do the back bridge will help but is not necessary.
>>
>>42050475
read what jujimufu wrote on his website (acrobolix.com)
>>
>>42050475
Go to a gymnastics hall ( I dont know if you have a lot of these in your area, but we do here ) and ask somebody to teach you. Start by practicing a running frontflip into the pool full of soft things. Once you feel you've got the technique down you can try doing it on the trampoline. After the trampoline you try the soft mattresses and actual ground afterwards. Once you've mastered the frontflip try learning to backflip in the same manner. This time though you're gonna do it by standing right on the edge of the pool and not running. If you are athletic you should be able to do it well enough in around 2 months. Learning the frontflip first is not necessary but i would recommend it.
>>
>>42050517
>look at his tutorial for ariel
>haha yeah this is the easiest trick in the book
>just dew it man :)
>>
>>42050535

Didn't really think about learning the frontflip first but I might think about that thanks

>>42050507
I was actually thinking of doing a lot of power cleans instead of deadlifts

>>42050499
Yeah I should probably do a bit more core work than usual
>>
>>42050475
you dont need to be a fit fag to do a backflip, it just helps

here was my progression:

mom was a cheerleader in high school, she taught me how to do cartwheels and somersaults when I was 4
in elementary school, I upgraded to round-offs on my own one day (that's a cartwheel where your hands leave the ground before your feet come down)
in 2nd grade, we had a trampoline and I did a backflip by accident when trying to do a sideflip
in 9th grade, at a friends house, i did a backhandspring onto his giant bean bag chair, and realized I didnt need the chair
in 10th grade, while running down a hallway in school, I went to do a round off into a backhandspring, and ended up doing a full backflip instead

I've never done one from a standstill, only ever doing backhandsprings like that, but I know exactly how to do it, it's just scary as fuck, I don't need any extra muscles or coordination

just get used to lesser things first, I guess, and a trampoline, pool, or bean bag chair helps
>>
>>42050839

Thanks.

I've some experience with doing gymnastics stuff from different sports. I was thinking about learning to do a back handspring first since I might as well
>>
>>42050475
Just go for it, you can probably do one already
>>
>>42050475
BMI of 33, fatasfatass, did cheerleading for three years, and I can do a backflip. it's all about the form.
There are 4 parts to a backflip: the set, the jump, the tuck, and the landing. During the set you squat down in order to charge your jump. Make sure to keep your chest up and your head forward like an actual squat, and it helps to swing your arms back when you squat and then swing them up and over your head for the jump. Leg strength helps too obviously. For the jump it's important that you jump up rather than back; the only way to get your body over is to get lots of height in the jump. Most people when beginning either jump back or try to tuck their body over too fast and end up falling on their face. The tuck is self explanatory; while at the top of your jump, drive your hips up and over your head and tuck your lower body over your upper body. Do it fast and tight so you don't open up out of it. You don't need strong abs per se, just be aware that after you do a bunch of backflips your abs will hurt like hell. landing is pretty difficult since spotting the ground is nigh impossible in the air, so once you can feel you have tucked your body over, grab either the back or front of your knee and brace yourself for landing so once your feet hit the floor you don't fall out of it.

In summary:
Swing arms with body, squat, jump hard, tuck tight, and brace for landing.
>>
>>42050568
Power cleans work too, I just say deadlift because if you are really weak you need to do deadlift, and if you are even a little bit strong you can do a backflip.

Jumping higher will give you more time, but realistically you could do a flip with almost no vertical if you tuck fast enough.
>>
File: 1498171938976.jpg (64KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498171938976.jpg
64KB, 960x960px
>>42050484
>>
Practice with a weighted vest so when you take it off you can do higher flips or even double flips
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.