[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ Need some advice. I'm going to basic training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Hey /fit/

Need some advice. I'm going to basic training in a few months and want to know what kind of protein/how much I should be consuming. Also I'd like to know what muscle groups would be best to grow and work on.

Thank you in advance.
>>
The Army gives zero fucks about your 1RMs. They want skinny otter mode guys that can run around and carry shit all day long.

Run a lot, and get gud at bodyweight exercises.
>>
>>42050330

Thanks!

I've been working on running a lot recently. I'm currently at 170 pounds, 6 foot tall and pretty skinny like what you described.

So basically all I need to do is run a lot? Also if I do practice with weights what would you recommend and should I run with added weight like.. in a backpack or something? Might sound silly but I don't know how else to prep for something like this.
>>
>>42050369
dude, it takes 30 seconds to look up army physical fitness standards.

run a fuck ton, do pushups and situps. done.
>>
>>42050369

Pretty much. Google the Army APFT. This is the test they will give you, which will include 2 minute pushups, 2 minute situps, and a 2 mile run.
>>
>>42050330
This. Pushups, crunches/situps. Pullups if you are going into the Marines and a be able to run sub 8 min mile pace for at least 4 miles.
>>
>>42050462

I did see that. I'm unprepared for all of that but I have time to ready myself. Sept 11 is when I'm going to basic.

How much should I do each day in terms of push ups and sit ups.

How far should I run?

And in your opinion if I train every day will I have enough time to properly ready myself physically for the demands of military life?

Thank you. =)
>>
>>42050505

It's Army friend.

Also will protein shakes help me?
>>
>>42050508

I'd say for running, work on distance until you can go three miles without walking. That way a two mile test will seem super easy. After that, work on speed.

For pushups and situps, I dunno, do a lot. For pushups, make sure you learn to go down all the way. (they will literally put their fist on the floor underneath you, if you don't touch your chest to it, it doesn't count.)

For situps, one thing that really helped me was to get one of those big inflatable balls and do planks with my elbows propped up on it. Then roll the ball around with your elbows.
>>
Also, I should just point out, they don't expect you to ace your PT test on day one. That's what basic training is for. You're probably already better off than half the guys you'll see there. Training like this beforehand will just put you ahead of the game.

And depending on what you want to do in the Army, higher PT scores can help. Eg if you want to go for Airborne, etc later on, then obviously you need higher scores than the average pog.

What is your MOS?
>>
>>42050710

Sorry for the late reply.

14 Golf

Has nothing to do with anything physical either.
>>
>>42049993
>Implying you need to be in shape to be in the Army

>Implying the army is a good thing.

If you somehow find yourself in the Army (assuming Talos doesn't bless you and disqualify you from joining) you will only run; unless you're a pog which I assume you will be. Then if you're a pog you might have that one NCO who takes everything too seriously and secretly wants to kill himself but tries to take you to lift to keep some meaning in his life which won't happen.

Also, if you decide to go through with it, befriend the medic especially if you're a pog.

I was a 68w.
Fuck the Army.
>>
>>42050508
look up onehundredpushups
and onehundredsitups
and c25k

thats it
>>
>>42051227
seeing as how youre gonna be a pussy ass POG
youll have plenty of time away from the office to go the gym like a normal person. Dont run unless youre forced to you will lose gains like a mother fucker
>>
>>42052547

For the record 14g was recommended.

A lot of people are telling me I should be running right now aswell as doing pushups and situps to prepare for basic.

When you say don't run unless forced do you mean this for after basic?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.