[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start training kick boxing. Should I be worried about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Bruised-elbows.jpg (45KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bruised-elbows.jpg
45KB, 720x480px
I want to start training kick boxing. Should I be worried about head injuries if I don't plan to compete?
>>
>>42047150
Find a sparring partner with the same interest
>>
>>42047150
Depends on the gym honestly but probably not. So long as your not sparring really hard it's not going to matter as most of training is pad/bag work.
>>
>>42047150
Pretty much anytime you spar you will have head gear on,and most gyms do only light/medium sparring. So dont be too scared of getting a conccusion.
>>
>>42047150
no its ok, good choice btw have fun anon
>>
>>42047150
why not dick boxing? makes even more fun.
you and your gymbro get nacked and start wrestling, the first guy that has the others dick in his mouth lost and has to share his proteinshot with the winner. it's the only /fit/ approved sport you can do without called a faggot from others.
>>
>>42047581
you sound upset anon. what happened?
>>
>>42047594
i just came here to shitpost, don't mind me
>>
Work mobility at all times lest you snap your shit up
>>
>>42047668
what exercises do you recommend doing?
>>
>>42047678
Well I'm going to say improve your hip and groin flexibility, which will help with all the kickin and training in general. But really, just don't neglect the regular proper stretching routines you'd do with any training.
>>
>>42047150
no, unless you're in a shitty gym and then you should flee far and fast
>>
>>42047678
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajLaXML8YLM
>>
>>42047150
Just do Sanda, its practiced in full protective equipment and is superior to Kickboxing anyway
>>
>>42047150

Not really. You can spar light continuous in which heavy handed fighting is penalised.

It's only really an issue if you train full contact because then you will get kicked and punched in the head, hard, with some regularity.

The older, better fighters that have been doing it for 2 or more decades are pretty much all with it mentally if maybe a tad slow sometimes but perhaps they were never that bright to begin with.

Either way, focus on training your neck right from the outset. Many fighters completely neglect it when it's one of the most important things to do for longevity.
It will help protect you from being knocked out and will defend against concussions.
>>
I want to do the same too soon. My uni offers a free class for beginners that I plan to attend in a couple of weeks. Reason for that is that I fucked my shoulder up somehow and I can't lift heavy atm. But light lifting does not cause any problems.

Do you guys think that a somewhat fucked shoulder is an issue for kickboxing?
>>
>>42047150
I do boxing, but also not competitively. I even have TMJ, so when i tell people about it before sparing, they try to go light on my head. Communication is the key, anon, just tell em. Protect your head at all costs and it will be ok. But yeah, as one anon already said, find a good sparing partner. Train your neck and traps, so you will able to withstand some hits on your head, should they connect, mobility, stability and harden your core.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.