[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I maxe a spreadsheet for my variation of the texas method, questin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (187KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
187KB, 750x1334px
I maxe a spreadsheet for my variation of the texas method, questin is: what weight sets and reps should i use for the row that replaces the back extensions, and is there anything to replace cleans with? I never power cleaned before and am struggling to get it down
>>
>>42044096
>I've never power cleaned before
Yeah. You can replace it with not being a little bitch
>>
>>42044113
DYEL bro?
>>
>>42044138
More than you

And I can power clean too
>>
>>42044169
I lift more than y'all pipsqueak lnfao
>>
>>42044096
Suggestion
Move deadlift 5rm to Friday. nobody wants to deadlift after squat and bench 5x5
Do something back intensive that doesn't use legs much or at all on Monday to compensate like 5x5 rows, 5x5 weighted chin-ups or from mid thigh block pulls or static holds.
Another tip is to add another light session of Wednesday's press after Friday. So for example you do 5x5 bench Monday, 3x5 OHP Wednesday, 1x5 bench Friday, do your deadlifts and then another 3x5 OHP. For some extra volume. Can't hurt.
You can also add curls, facepulls and stuf on Wednesday and Friday after the main sets. A bit of upper back, rear delts, biceps which the main lifts don't hit. No triceps though, you do enough in the week.
>>
>>42044243
Thanks for your input. I could do weighted chinups or rows, but it would make it a really long workout to do 5x5 x 3 of heavy weight on monday. Thats kinda why I like the deadlift 1x5 on monday (thats the original program) I like your suggestion of the OHP on friday, i think i'll try it but it might be too much volume, not sure though. Cant do facepulls, Im homegym masterrace.
>>
>>42044332
Also I really HATE heavy pendlay rows, its my least favourite exercise of all.
>>
>>42044332
Deadlifting after 5x5 squats seems really counterintuitive to me but what do I know. Do what you can, and as long as you progress it's fine. If you can't progress on deadlifts, consider my suggestion again.
>>
>>42044350
I was thinking of a version also with deadlifts on friday to replace cleans, then decided it wouldnt work and to just try to learn how to clean. Maybe pullups on monday to replace deadlifts?
>>
>>42044396
But then what to do on wednesday. not sure.
>>
>>42044396
That's what I told you here >>42044243
Maybe it got confusing so I'll rephrase

Suggestion
>Monday
Squat, bench, weighted pullups 5x5, static holds 3x10-15 sec at 80% of last Friday's DL
>Wed
Squat light, OHP light, curls, facepulls, unweighted back extensions
>Friday
Squat, bench, deadlift 5rm
ohp light again
curls, facepulls
>>
>>42044422
How can I do back extensions/ facepulls at home? I have a rack with a chinup bar, barbell, a dip belt, and a dumbell handle
>>
>>42044439
>back extensions
Unless you're into DIY or the bench is adjustable, you don't.
You can try to do GHR though.
>Lie face down on floor
>shins up to knee under bed/sofa/something low and heavy
>pillow under knees
>use hamstrings to pull self up (think like pushups but with zero hands)
>if it's hard, use a stool or a box or something to start the exercise at 30 degrees

>facepulls
You can't do those either. Closest would be rear delt flyes. Sit on the bence, bend forward till belly is on thighs and do the opposite motion of a pec deck.
>>
>>42044439
>facepulls
Actually try putting the belt under the bar and doint a sort of T-barrow to simulate facepulls, that could kind of work
>>
>>42044506
>>42044506
fuck back extensions and glute ham raise i dont need em.>>42044506
I'll consider the diddly's on friday
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.