[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red pill me on the lat pull down. All this time and I feel like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (41KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 640x423px
Red pill me on the lat pull down. All this time and I feel like I never hit my lats the way I should.

Wide grip I feel my arms doing the work and vbar I feel the same plus my front (core, strats and even my chest with some upper back/lats)
>>
Pretend you're setting up for a cheating half ROM bench press (arch back, wide grip, touch bar to sternum) and you'll feel it mang
>>
maybe you are pulling a bar too heavy rather than actually using you lats
>>
>>42043659
i think lat pulldown is shitty and awkward to use as a primary movement, i think it's really only worthwhile with less weight once your lats are already fatigued from pullups or something
>>
>>42044180
what if u suck and can't do pullups?
dumbell rows with elbows close to body focusing on lats?
>>
>>42044198
I used to be in your position when I started lifting, so let me give you my advice from going from 0 pullups to 1 pullups (after this, it gets much easier)

1. If you are not 10-12% bodyfat, get there, this alone will probably make you capable of doing pullups easily
2. Pulldowns (v-bar is my favorite, feels least shitty) and dumbbell rows to build upper back strength, curls to build bicep strength
3. Get a pullup bar or find a place to do pullups at your house, jump up on the bar and do negative-only reps, lowering yourself as slowly as possible for 3-5 reps for a few sets 5-6 days a week (if you can't do this with pullups, do it with chin-ups)

if you can already do chins, skip right to just doing chinups for multiple submaximal sets everyday, and then switch over to pullups

otherwise do negatives until you can do chinups
>>
>>42044274
Op here, 7 months in and my chin-ups have gotten worse from putting on muscle/fat. I can only do 10/5/5 but before I could 3 sets of 8-10. I'm planning to start cutting soon but desu I don't want to get down to 10-12% this early into lifting. I feel like it looks dyel. I'm about 18 atm and want to shave off maybe 7-10 lbs.
>>
>>42043659
do pendlay rows
>>
I've built a great, strong back with the lat pulldown as my main exercise. I can do the the whole stack (260) with good form now. I prefer underhand shoulder width grip. Keep your arms out of the movement, pull with the elbows. Add more weight each time you go in, soon you'll be hitting 200 for reps easily. And usually most people are very weak on pulldowns. Swinging, leaning all that shit. Don't do it. Make your back strong and you'll be the alpha in the gym. The devil's in the gym and he's trying to make you take two steps back. SAY FUCK THE DEVIL.
>>
File: big-trouble-in-little-china.jpg (3MB, 1512x1079px) Image search: [Google]
big-trouble-in-little-china.jpg
3MB, 1512x1079px
Every dyel faggot here doubting the lat pulldown is using too much weight. It's an amazing workout and has done wonders for my upper back. Use a comfortable weight, 3 reps wide grip 2 with a shorter grip. Use your lats and move up in weight once you get form down. It's not hard. It's essential.
>>
>>42043659

Those people are stuck in the 2000's
>>
How low the bar is supposed to go?
Are you supposed to touch your chest or is it enough just to pull it down below your chin?
>>
>>42045480
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQUaU1jibAE
I like Athlean X videos.
He says the elbows should go behind your body as you pull down. Try to imagine you are Clarke Kent ripping open his suit to become Superman, so protruding your sternum.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.