[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on workout bars. I live in the middle of nowhere,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 15064425_Alt02.jpg (39KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
15064425_Alt02.jpg
39KB, 520x520px
Redpill me on workout bars.

I live in the middle of nowhere, about a 40 minute drive to the nearest gym so I was looking for an effective way to work out at home without buying a full bench set. Would you say a workout bar is a good investment? Is there a brand that is definitively better than the rest/ certain features I should look out for?
>>
Go to a park and do barstarzz
>>
That's what those things are called. I can't do a single push up because I put too much stain on my palms but I can do 60 situps in a row and do chin ups. Are they a meme?
>>
>>42037519
Honestly the best investment is a barbell and weights.
My friend had one of these once, it seemed a bit awkward doing pull ups in a door frame and when he tried, the thing fell straight out of the frame and he fell on his ass.
I mean if you live in the middle of nowhere surely you can build a structure to do pull ups on? That would be better imo
Or even a tree t b h
Weights>body weight
>>
>>42037751
>barbell and weights
>not just dumbbells
>>
>>42037646
Weak wrists
>>
>>42037777
You must be very weak
>>
>>42037862
Dumbbells are superior to just barbell and weights if it's a question of one vs another. You can do pretty much every exercise with dumbbells.
>>
In your way to work or whatever, is the gym closer?
Might use it as the excuse to go there.
If not, then a bar is fine. I only use for pull ups though (when for some reason I don't go to the gym).
A dumbbell set is nice too, get something like two, and like 10, 5, 2, 1kg, plates for them, enough so that you can go up to 20kg in each dumbbell but do have small plates for progression.
With that (and the pull up bar) you can start and do:
DB rows
Curls
Tri extensions
DB press (chest and delts)
For squats, do them without weight, just do more sets/reps.

If you find yourself sticking to working out, then you can go on and figure if you want a power rack and so on.
>>
File: 1496894673892.jpg (9KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1496894673892.jpg
9KB, 236x236px
>>42037751

I struggle with this...

I've a lot of friend who are seriusly into PL and they seems to only care about barbell.

But I live in avery small apartments and I don't have pale for a rack and a barbell so i use dumbell and a trx.

i wrestle. but i'd like to get a littel bit more srius about weight...
Am I screwd up until i get more space?

I have a cheap gym near house but I'd like to save those 30€/month plus is a verri little gym and full of people "toning" or doing zumba..
>>
>>42037799
Would workout bars help with making them stronger?
>>
>>42037862
>You must be very weak

You must be a retard who does SS all the time.
It uses more range of motion and recruits more use of stabilizers. It's not just about lifting heavy you idiot.
>>
>>42038097
what other people do in a gym doesn't affect what you do in the same gym.
>>
>>42038275

Right, i'm talking about the fact that bacaus eof this kind of custumer they have only one rack and i would have to queque just to do 3 exercises with a barbell.
>>
I only use them for pull/chin ups since I really don't want to install a bar. Never realised people actually use them for other exercises.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.