[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why, /fit/? Why, why? Why do you do it? Why, why get up? Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (59KB, 851x520px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
59KB, 851x520px
Why, /fit/? Why, why? Why do you do it? Why, why get up? Why keep lifting?
Do you believe you're lifting... for something? For more than your ego? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know?
Is it for girls? Or aesthetics? Perhaps strength? Could it be for gains?
Illusions, /fit/. Vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose.
And all of them as artificial as trenbolone itself, although... only a human mind could invent something as insipid as gains.
You must be able to see it, /fit/. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep lifting.
Why, /fit/? Why? Why do you persist?
>>
you're right, i don't lift anymore after 10 or so years. that said why do anything? because you achieve some meaning from the act. it's different for everyone but ultimately no matter the action, it's all done for that trick
>>
>>42031531
r e d p i l l
e
d
p
i
l
l
>>
>>42031531
1.Because i wanna look better
2.Because i wanna feel stronger/better
3.Because i have some free time
4.Because i wanna get mired(notice how it's in the last place?)
>>
>why
for the same reason anybody does anything

it feels good
>>
>>42031531
That's reasonably good copypasta you wrote, OP, I'll give you that.

I'm not one of you kids. I was born during the Johnson Administration. I've been around for a while, re-invented myself several times, learned a lot of hard lessons by making a lot of mistakes.

I have developed many philosophies over the decades of my life, but I won't bore you with those. The one that applies here though is:
>Live only as long as you're still having Fun
..for various values of the word 'Fun', that is.

The real issue isn't the instinct for self-preservation; it's our self-awareness, our state of being 'conscious'.
You know that if you eat a bullet right now, the ride stops, everything ends, you no longer exist to experience *anything* -- and that's not very fun at all.

However if, say, you reach a point where your remaining life is going to be short and painful, with a lingering death (like end-stage cancer, for instance), then it makes more sense to just shed the tears you're going to shed, and eat the goddamned bullet, because at least it's *quick*.

But what does that all have to do with being 'fit', or being /fit/, for that matter? Quality of life, part and parcel of which is 'having fun'. In a previous iteration I was really really fat. I'll never forget it what it was like, it was no fun whatsoever, I hated myself and I hated every breath I took. Then I turned it all around, I'm around 10% bodyfat all the time, and I'm on a Masters' bike racing team, for the last 8 years now. Couldn't ever go back to being fat and miserable.

Being fat, weak, slow, and sickly is the antithesis of 'fun', it ruins your quality of life. So we work at it, because it's worth it. That's why. To maximize the benefits of the lifespan we have. Because we're not ready to eat a bullet yet.

So how about you, OP? Did you give up? Are you looking for a bullet to eat? Or are you just funning us because you're bored?
>>
>>42031531
shoo shoo agent gains goblin
>>
File: Scooby.png (882KB, 940x1116px) Image search: [Google]
Scooby.png
882KB, 940x1116px
>>42031531
Because I scoob to
>>
>>42031531
Because I choose to.
>>
Because I'm insecure. I have to be bigger than others. It's the only way I'm ever happy. I hate myself but at the same time it makes me feel better than everyone else.
>>
>>42031531

I dont lift weights. I just do things like planche and one arm pull ups because I find them fun and dont even look at it as training.
>>
>>42031864
Please STFU and eat a donut.
>>
File: CameraEffects-17-07-02-05-43-18.jpg (228KB, 1308x1920px) Image search: [Google]
CameraEffects-17-07-02-05-43-18.jpg
228KB, 1308x1920px
>>42031531
Because it feels good.

I'm a dopamine addict.

I get dopamine from the mires and the self mires.

I get dopamine from the overcoming of struggle in the form of heavy weights.

I get dopamine from the work itself.

I get dopamine, serotonin and oxytocin from sweet love with pretty girls.

I lift because it gets me high.

A nihilist approach on life makes it more painful than it has to be.

Working towards a goal and making sacrifices makes my life better in more ways then I can tell.
>>
File: IMG_1002.gif (877KB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1002.gif
877KB, 500x208px
>>
Because I choose to
>>
Traps
>>
>>42031531
Getting up and lifting is better than lying there being a disgusting fat piece of shit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.