[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

According to Caesar the ancient Germans used to partake in NoFap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170704-114314.jpg (225KB, 1080x756px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170704-114314.jpg
225KB, 1080x756px
According to Caesar the ancient Germans used to partake in NoFap because they thought it made them big and strong. Increased test making for better gainz?

Caesar also says that they did not use agriculture and instead survived off milk and meat and as a result were bigger and stronger than the Romans and in particular being a lot taller.

They used to make fun of the Romans small stature and laughed at Caesar and his army when he was building a seige tower to break over they're walls saying the Romans were so short that had to build giant machines that would never work.

They quickly surrendered when they saw how quickly and efficiently the Roman army could work to make them though.

Is this definitive evidence for NoFap?
>>
Everyone knows Caesar always wrote about his enemies as if they were giant inhuman beasts.
For that he litterally came up with random shit.

He did that do make his victories seem bigger.
That's it.
>>
Do you know what the word chastity means lol
I swear this board is filled with 616 years old retards
>>
Edging themselves in the rivers with THICC germanic females
>>
>>42024684
romanlets BTFO
>>
>>42024701
/thread
>>
>>42024701
Then why not say the same about the Gauls or Britons? Also why do other ancient sources agree? And what does Caesar gain in propaganda by saying the Germans made fun of the Romans tiny stature?

We know Caesar wrote his reports mainly for propaganda reasons and likely bulked the sizes of the enemies armies but he did also want to document history and his information on the customs of Germans and Gauls is likely not a lie.

Learn how to evaluate sources pleb.

Also what about the biology do you disagree with? Does no sex not increase test? And does increased test not increase gains?
>>
>>42024703
Do you know what continence means?

Yes I think that too sometimes, assuming you meant 16.
>>
>>42024749
So other sources too claim that they did noFap while being completely independent of who got to decide history back then?
>>
>>42024684
Ask Varg Vikernes, he knows everything about ancient germanic customs.
Just go on his youtube channel and ask "Varg, what do you think about nofap (abstinence fro masturbation)?"
I would do it myself but I don't have a Jewgle/Jewtube account
>>
>>42024684
Wizards and alchemists also used to believe that cumming will make you lose your magical powers because the semen is the source of it, so they would live in celibacy.
>>
>>42024798
Other Roman historians claim the Germans are bigger/taller than the Romans yes. Most of them do not discuss whether they wank or not.
>>
>>42024932
Yeah, there you go.
We too know that the people from the Netherlands are the tallest.
But saying that is different to making up stories about how we entered their country and they were such giants that they just laughed at us and how they have this ritual xy that makes them as tall and manly as they are!
That's just typical propaganda shit and if you can't see that then there is something wrong with you.
>>
>>42024944
There you go what? Are you disputing that the Germans were taller or that they used no fap? I'm not sure what you're argument is?

We have it from multiple sources that the Germans were taller than the Romans and from at least 1 that they partook In a certain self control. I don't think you understand how to analyse a source. Why would Caesar lie about German customs? He's just trying to document history? When he says the army numbered 300,000 and he crushed it with 4 legions then we have reason to doubt him and even then it's not outright lies just that includes in the 300,000 are slaves of the army, baggage train holders and families of the fighting men. But do we doubt Caesar here? Not so much.

Fuck me I'm trying to have a discussion here but damn it's hard work. I forgot how retarded this board can be at times. My fault though I shoulda known better and gone to /his/ for this discussion not /fit/
>>
>>42024798
Tacitus says the same thing over a century later.
>>
>>42025104
>hey guys look I have this source where someone claims ancient folks where doing nofap and it made them huge
>anon, the writer of that source is known to freely use his imagination to make up ridiclious shit in order to portray his enemies in certain ways
>omg you are all so stupid lol fucking idiots why would we doubt this source lol retards

It's always amusing when mouth breathers act smart.

You came here trying to use the source you cited as backup to the claims of noFap theories.
As response, people are telling you that your source is very unreliable and doesn't add anything of value to the discussion of nofap.
You might as well discuss nofap without ever mentioning Caesars writings again, because they are irrelevant.

If you want to discuss nofap, open a nofap thread.
But if you weren't that much of a mouthbreather you would just search through the archives, because we had this discussion at least a hundred times and basically everything opposing and favoring it has already been written out.
>>
>>42025166
>anon, the writer of that source is known to freely use his imagination to make up ridiclious shit in order to portray his enemies in certain ways

Thats a bold claim. Do you have any proof of that whatsoever?

> why would we doubt this source lol retards

You still haven't given me a reason to dispute this part of the source. I mentioned that Caesar has incorrect numbers sometimes (once he included the baggage train and once whoever HIS source of the enemies numbers were was off) and you haven't even mentioned which part of the source you're disputing? The size of the Germans? In which case we have multiple sources which agree, or the no fap part which is literally what i made the thread for? I'm convinced you don't know how to structure a debate properly.

Unlike you apparently have I haven't spent years discussing no fap. I was just reading a book and saw something interesting that i though other anons at /fit/ would also find interesting. It's really not this deep bro. If you've had enough of discussing it why are you in this thread discussing it?

Also case in point... Is it possible to have a discussion here without resorting to insults or do we have to call each other retards until the loudest person wins?

Stop trying to break down the character behind the argument and instead the argument itself.
>>
>>42025287
You insult everyone on here and then, when insulted back, ask me not to insult you.
No sane person would do such a thing. You are obviously confused.

As I said, if you want to read more about these discussions, use the archive. Your source doesn't add anything valuable to the discussion. So having a thread based on it is senseless.

If you believe that source and think it's a good indicator that noFap works, then go ahead and do it.
Me and, I am sure, most here do not think it's valid proof whatsoever.
And that's where the discussion becomes the same as all the ones we already had.
>>
>>42024684
Caeser also claimed that elk (moose for you amercians) have no knee joints and lean against trees to sleep. Ancient Germans hunt them by sawing into the trees so that when an elk leans against it it will fall.
(Also in De Bello Gallico.)

Make of that what you will.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/his/3037635
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.