[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.vox.com/2016/4/28/11518 804/weight-loss-exercise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: fit.png (33KB, 961x284px) Image search: [Google]
fit.png
33KB, 961x284px
https://www.vox.com/2016/4/28/11518804/weight-loss-exercise-myth-burn-calories

this shit is surreal

>2017
>still exercising

cmon guys this article has 60+ studies! it's time to stop exercising and be positive with your body no matter what it looks like :^)
>>
The article is kinda right though

Weight loss is mostly diet
>>
>>42019660
It's true though

Diet should be the key, not exercising
>>
Diet is like 80% of weight gain/loss. Exercise is 15% and genetics 5%.
>>
>>42019680
>>42019700
the issue is the title and the fact that it's posted on vox

no one who goes on vox actually has the attention span to read an article so they see the title and move on
>>
>>42019680
If you're a woman yes. If you're a man you need to lift while you lose weight. You're not going to be happy being weak after all that weight loss. Plus building test makes weight loss quicker.
>>
>>42019660
> Be op
> Make a clearly bait claim that is comically false
> Link to an article that completely fails to support her op
> Hope to God that anons will be dumb enough to fall for it

Op is a dumb cunt, but that doesn't mean the rest of us all are.
>>
>>42019758
see

>>42019711

>be retard
>don't read thread
>make retard post
>>
>>42019660
You'd have to run a marathon a day to be at a calorie deficit from exercise alone, dipshit
>>
>>42019781
wtf i hate exercise now
>>
>>42019719
>need to lift
need to fucking exercise. why is it that people here consider lifting the only exercise in the whole fucking universe? is is literally only good for picking something up and putting it down again unless used as a supplement to real sports
>>
>>42019758
>what is sarcasm?
also if you think it isn't obvious then you have needs
>>
File: IMG_1414.jpg (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1414.jpg
66KB, 500x500px
>>
>>42019942
>its a big one
yeah a big joke you tard. get help
>>
>>42019893
You need to work on your upper body strengrh at least twice a week you retarded DYEL. This isn't a body builder powerlifting meme this is a worldwide health consensus.
>>
>>42019893
Right? People on this board are retarded. It's even worse since these kids think lifting will rid them of thier autism.
>tfw i'm dyel by /fit/ standards, yet i'm still more athletic than 90% of this board.
>>
>>42019660
the point of the article is that you can't lose weight by doing 45 minutes of cardio every day, then living 23 hours and 15 minutes like a fat slob
>>
Well yeah, weight loss is all about diet. The deficit created by exercise is miniscule
>>
>>42020055
this

I play basketball all the time at the gym and people that have /fit/'s standard of success are easily some of the worst players out there. They are so fucking uncoordinated and have no jump shot whatsoever. They are just as bad as the nerdy guys who play in their glasses and are wearing jeans.
>>
>>42020012
kek. my upper body is v.stronk my dude. did you mean to reply to marathon man?
PS. he was joking
>>
>>42019660
if a 90 kg women (Vox's target audience) ate 1400-1600 calories without any exercise they would lose weight. They are correct but only to an extent.
>>
>>42019660
they're right though, you should exercise for all the other benefits, weight loss is only one of those if your already a fat cunt which you shouldn't be
>>
>>42020061
well, if diet is not stupid then you kind of can. that much cardio is more than anyone on this bord and cardio undeniably burns the most fat even if it is a yuge gains goblin
>>
>>42020012
>implying real sports don't do this
also nice broscience (unless you have a reliable source showing every country advocates upper body strength exercises twice a week)
>>
>>42020055
>>42020081
i retract my "whole board" statement. what i meant was those without a decent IQ
>>
>>42020192
"living like a fat slob" necessarily excludes a decent diet. 45 minutes of cardio isn't a lot and it's not a gains goblin. but yeah, it's more than most here if we're to believe everyone is a whey protein and creatine-chugging, steak and eggs-eating, deadlift/bench press bro aka a walking heart attack with bad posture
>>
>>42020469
45mins every day of decent cardio is quite a lot tbqhwyf. and yes that describes /fit?
>>
Most of these studies have poor compliance. It helps when you actually do it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14718319
>>
>>42019660
They're right though, exercise does close to jack shit when it comes to losing weight. Eating less is a billion times more effective.
>>
File: 1329599751172.jpg (220KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1329599751172.jpg
220KB, 800x533px
>>42019660
You can lose weight as long as you eat less food.

>As long as you get on that bike or treadmill, you can keep indulging — and still lose weight.
>you can keep indulging — and still lose weight.

This is the fifth sentence in the article. I think reading on is going to make me very angry.

I'm pretty sure she must be at a Planet Fitness.
>>
The article was actually not that bad. I don't know why it was written like an infographic though.
>>
>>42020711
>The spinning instructor was echoing a message we've been getting for years: As long as you get on that bike or treadmill, you can keep indulging — and still lose weight.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.