/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm getting into working out again after a year and a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: tmp_27761-1498973775532237162960.jpg (107KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_27761-1498973775532237162960.jpg
107KB, 682x1024px
So I'm getting into working out again after a year and a half, and something as dawned on me. How many of you here actively monitor your heart rate during your workouts? It's something I've never given any thought to but it sounds like an interesting concept. I'd like to hear some personal experience. Seems like a good idea to maximize workout intensity. But I did look up pulse watches and they are kinda pricey. Is it worth it or am I better off using my phone?
>>
>>42011524
plz post more

just do it yourself, it isnt hard.
>>
>>42011524
I only monitor how fast my heart rate goes to know if I should rest more when doing heavy workouts. And when I'm jogging just to tell how hard I'm working.

And post more.
Daddy likey.
>>
>>42011534
>>42011550
I don't have more, but I think it's some camgirl. Not really sure I was drunk when I saved it. But that's basically what I'm thinking, using it to see how much I need to rest and whether I need to do more. Seems like a really good tool for cardio
>>
>>42011572
yeah it is worth making sure you dont push your heart into dangerously high territory

shame you dont have more
>>
>>42011643
I know, literal perfect body. Makes me want to hit the gym right now lol
>>
File: Untitled.png (299KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
299KB, 1920x1080px
>>42011524
Heart rate monitors are somewhat uncomfortable. Theyre okay for cardio but get in the way of regular weight training.

Plus theyre pretty autistic to wear. I used to wear one when I did cardio before I even attempted weight training. These are the most accurate imho
>>
>>42011913
How do they get in the way? Are they heavy or something? Also I couldn't give two shits how I look at the gym, I literally go bummy and reeking of cigs anyway
>>
It's completely unnecessary especially at the level of fitness you're at after not working out for a year and a half
>>
>>42011975
Why do you say that? At this point the goal is to slowly bring myself back to where I was before I stopped, seems like a good tool to not overdo it
>>
>>42011669
>perfect body
Just looks skinny fat bro, aim for something better
>>
>>42011991
She's nowhere near skinny fat. Her legs could be bigger but other than that she's pretty hot
>>
>>42011524
I only monitor mine because I have a psychotic obsession with my heart and heart rhythm. I have a serious phobia that my heart will beat out of sync or stop all together, or that it'll go too fast.

I need help really badly and I don't know where to start. Cardiologist says I'm fine and that my occasional skipped beats are benign.
>>
>>42011524
you look like my ex. N?

i use a polar h7 chest strap because its extremely accurate and can also measure heart rate variability and has been validated with hospital grade medical equipment. anyways. i link it up to my phone and monitor my heart rate while i do a set to gauge intensity and effort. i try to get to a certain % of my maximum HR and it does fit with perceived intensity. no it's not perfect and some exercises are irrelevant but it's been a great objective way to monitor intensity.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (97KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
97KB, 682x1024px
>>42011524
perfection
>>
File: Screenshot_20170702-211750.png (747KB, 1080x2220px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170702-211750.png
747KB, 1080x2220px
>>42012024
How is pic related not skinnyfat?? No muscle tone to that ass, just decent fat distribution.
>>
>>42012075
I get your point but considering she most likely doesn't work out she's looking solid. If she did a workout or two a week she'd be a 10 but I'd bang her daily as she is now. I mean I understand having high standards but come on now
>>
>>42012075
just skinny
>>
>>42012094
I like tight bodies that women put large amounts of effort into, what can I say? Nothing hotter than that imo.
>>
>>42011988
Why are you worrying about overdoing it?

You're literally not at a point where you can overdo it. That's the wrong mentality to have if you want to get in shape.

Overdoing it or overtraining only becomes a concern once you start reaching the highest levels of whatever fitness related activity you're pursuing
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.