[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could we get away with "storing" a power rack and gear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: Public_Storage_doors.jpg (170KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Public_Storage_doors.jpg
170KB, 640x480px
Could we get away with "storing" a power rack and gear here and coming by every other day to do some lifts?
>>
No. If you want to make gains, you need to come every day.
>>
Yeah. Noone gives a fuck probably. Unless you snap your shit there and try to sue.
>>
you'll faint
>>
It would be just as expensive as a gym with the added benefits of no AC, bathroom, or any other amenities or essential a gym offers
>>
>>42004740
Ventilation isn't too good in those things, anon. It's not comfortable lifting in those things
>>
>>42004765
Those places have restrooms. You'd probably be the only person in there, too.

>>42004766
It'd be very refreshing in the winter, though, it'd be cold as fuck.

>>42004744
Imagine being able to go every day, at any time, and knowing you never have to wait for equipment to free up. Just go in, do your routine, and get the fuck out.
>>
something like this?
https://youtu.be/LkNxvUrWQ_Q?t=329
>>
Live your dreams brah
>>
>>42004789
Sounds like my Anytime Fitness.
>>
Anon I used to work at one of these places. You can technically do that if you want. Guys used to store cars all the time and go work on them in the unit on the weekends and play music n shit. But it's not financially smart

Average gym membership - 10-40 bucks a month, whatever. Mine is 20

Storage unit 5x5/5x10 atleast 50 bucks, usually more. Plus you'd have to buy your equipment etc.

If you have money to blow go ahead
>>
File: 1442018297957.jpg (71KB, 449x349px) Image search: [Google]
1442018297957.jpg
71KB, 449x349px
>>42004958
>Average gym membership - 10-40 bucks a month, whatever. Mine is 20

>tfw paying 150 for 3 months at Gold's for summer vacation
>>
>>42005008
Shit anon. I'm in South new jersey and the most expensive places we have are around 70-100 (la fitness, lifetime fitness) but on average 10-50

I live in a small town and our gym is 20 a month, and has 8 or 9 racks inside, and 4 outside. One is always open, I love my gym
>>
>>42005008
Christ dude
>>
>>42005008
150 is what I pay for 3 years of 24 hour fitness because I bought my policy 10 years ago before everyone and their fat moms started joing gyms just so they could say they go to the gym.
>>
File: download.png (6KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
6KB, 226x223px
I tried this, it doesn't work

>paid like 100 dollars a month to rent a large storage locker
>filled with weights
>was really excited to try and get pumping and working out
>I am a hungry skeleton so didn't think it would seem suspicious, if I was muscular I would just go to the gym anyway, too nervous as a skinny
>first few times, it goes quite well, nobody is bullying me like I am nervous about in a real gym, I am able to work out with my own method in my own time, and nobody disturbs me
>feel like i AM making progress and will be strong soon, and able to move to a real gym
>one night I am doing deadlifts
>a knock comes on the door of the storage unit
>pretend not to be in
>hope the person will go away
>eventually hear a lock opening
>the door starts to slide upwards
>a guy with a flashlight and some keys is there
>'sir, are you aware that we do not allow people to utilise these storage units for activities such as this? if you want to work out go to a gym, you can keep your items here'
>nervously laugh and say 'you got the wrong idea I am carrying this weight to the gym'
>start carrying the weight (which was 55lbs which was too heavy for me) in both hands slowly out of the locker
>walk without turning back to the entrance of the facility
>really getting tired but keep walking
>eventually walking along the large road outside with cars driving past
>get scared and slowly put down the weight then squat down with my head in my hands
>someone driving past yells 'NO TEARS HERCULES' out of the window
>leave the weight in the street and go home
>too scared to go and work out again, sold all the weights, now forced to use a gym
>>
>>42005393
Security guard that cares.This is where your story is bullshit.
>>
>>42005393
>>42005449
>>someone driving past yells 'NO TEARS HERCULES' out of the window
This did not happen.

Poster who worked at one of these places from above here: You make like 10 dollars an hour at these places. Nobody gives a fuck what the fuck you do in the unit unless you are living there. Thats the only time where you have to report somebody. Otherwise, its a dead end job where you dont get paid enough to care what people are doing
>>
>>42004740
Yes nobody gives a shit.

Seems like a stupid idea though. Self storage can't cost that much as a gym membership.
>>
Why the fuck don't you just do it at home
>>
Jason Blaha did that

You don't want to be a loser like Jason do you?
>>
>>42005793
>Talking shit about my boy Hemingway
You better be careful, kid
>>
>Local man suffocates to death as he ''death lifts' in poorly ventilated commercial storage place .
>>
>>42004740
You fucking pay for it you can go there 10 times a day
>>
>>42004958

Can you live in one of these storage places? Like just put a mattress in it and sleep in it for 8 hours a day and then leave each day.
>>
>>42004922
Sander ff ophouden met shitposten.
>>
>>42007265
There's usually a license agreement that says you can't use them as residence.
>>
>>42004958
>Storage unit 5x5/5x10 atleast 50 bucks, usually more. Plus you'd have to buy your equipment etc.

What if he's doin 3x8?
>>
>>42007288
Dit is een vrij land
>>
>>42005393
Underrated post
>>
>>42005008
my tiny gym in my town is 150 for students for three or four months. 255 for reg adults lmao.

canada bucks but still high af for a pity gym
>>
>>42011146
Jesus. In a year you could buy your own home gym for that price
>>
>>42004740
this is actually a real good idea for a gym too bad crossfit has fucked that up already for everybody
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.