[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You guys told me sweet potato was good for gains but my coworker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

You guys told me sweet potato was good for gains but my coworker on keto says they're filled with sugar and toxins that inhibit muscle growth and nutrient absorption and they cause fat storage from excess insulin release??? Wtf /fit/?
>>
>>42000768

"toxins" aren't a quantifiable thing, its pseudo-science used to sell overpriced teas to fat women.
>>
File: 1497750724613.jpg (6KB, 250x173px) Image search: [Google]
1497750724613.jpg
6KB, 250x173px
>>42000768
The longest living population on earth ate tons of those. Your friend is mentally retarded.
>>
>>42000768
>""""""""""""""toxins""""""""""""""""""
>keto
>baiting
>>
>>42000768
Your coworker is retarded.

t. keto dieter
>>
Tell him that being on keto and depleting your muscles of their water storage and main energy source is worse. Also tell him to stop being lazy and do more cardio if he wants to burn fat.
>>
>>42000774
Solanine is a glycoalkaloid poison found in species of the nightshade family (Solanaceae), such as the potato
>>
File: mmmmmmm.jpg (9KB, 248x233px) Image search: [Google]
mmmmmmm.jpg
9KB, 248x233px
>>42000781
>>
>>42000768
>ketotards
>stupid

Pick both
>>
>>42000808
>potatoes are sweet potatoes
>>
>>42000768

>listening to anything someone on keto says
>>
>>42000792
B-but muh bacon all I wantz!
C-caveman breaux!

captcha: pepe aldwick
>>
>>42000808
Yeah, tomatoes and such are also part of the nightshade family aswell. And as long as your not an insect you should be fine with sweet potatoes
>>
>>42000777
This. Also excessive fat intake is what causes diabetes over time, not carbohydrates.
>>
>>42000898
Sauce?
>>
>>42000960
https://www.endocrineweb.com/conditions/type-2-diabetes/type-2-diabetes-causes

>Unhealthy meal planning choices: A meal plan filled with high-fat foods and lacking in fiber (which you can get from grains, vegetables, and fruits) increases the likelihood of type 2.
>>
>>42001015
I don't really understand the high fat mechanism for diabetes.

My understanding of type 2 diabetes is. Excess refined carbs/sugar causes you to release insulin and over time your cells become resistant to insulin so your body produces more and eventually you need exogenous insulin. So cutting refined carbs and replacing with complex carb also doing i.f. from time to time and allows cells to resensitized to insulin.
>>
>>42000808
Every society that ate nightshades prior to modern diets had/have great life expectancy. Fuck off
>>
Is 20g carbs, 120g protein, 139g fat keto?
>>
>>42001409
There isn't a mechanism far as I can tell, seems like another bit of junk science hiding behind the doctrine of fat = bad.
>>
>>42001409
Visceral fat accumulation is bad for your organs. Your pancreas is an organ.

Vegan idiots think that because turning into a fat whale on fried meat breaded in simple carbohydrates is bad for you, that it's the only thing that's bad for you.

You can kill your liver with things besides alcohol , you can wreck your pancreas with things besides sugar.

Never mind that most people who overeat fatty meats consume buckets of corn syrup as well.
>>
>>42000898
lol no
>>
>>42000768
Why the fuck would Sweet Potatoes be good for gains? They're almost pure carbohydrates.
>>
>>42001701
>139g fat
>keto
No that's fatass.
>>
>>42002124
There's a glimmer of truth in there, the problem is the "not _____" section.

Because you can get diabetes from being a fatass, even if you are't a big sugar eater.

It's just that it's very rare that fatasses aren't big sugar eaters, and that you don't have to be a fatass to get diabetes if you are a big sugar eater.
>>
>>42001409

>Excess refined carbs/sugar causes you to release insulin and over time your cells become resistant to insulin so your body produces more and eventually you need exogenous insulin.

You don't become resistant to insulin from producing insulin. You become resistant to insulin when insulin isn't able to effectively push glucose out of your blood and into your cells. Free fatty acids in the blood are a major cause of insulin resistance. It's also why fat people get diabetes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2596919/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21297467
>>
>>42000768
Is he swole with cardio? If not hes full of shit.
>>
You guys can say what you want about keto, but its the only thing thats actually allowed me to lose weight and keep it off. Can't be a meme if it works. Trust me i've done the whole CICO thing and I didn't lose a single pound. Everyone loves to say in response to this "You didnt count your calories right durr hurr". Honest to god man, never counted my calories once on keto, and I lose weight consistently. When I went on keto I also cured my crippling anxiety and depression. This is probably sounding super memey to you hardcore CICO memers out there, but keto is pretty legit
>>
>toxins

He said the magic word
>>
Ever wondered why darkies are so good at rugby? Spam and Kumuras mate!!!
>>
>>42000808
Nigger, this is only a problem when the potato has over ripened and begun to sprout new growth.
When a potato has green flesh don't fucking eat it.
If you're unsure, you can always lick the exposed flesh and if it's bitter like licking a battery don't eat it.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.