[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Started nofap >Stop smoking >No alcohol I have a bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: tobacco_0.jpg (76KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tobacco_0.jpg
76KB, 480x360px
>Started nofap
>Stop smoking
>No alcohol
I have a bad self-control but i dont want to be fat
honestly /fit/ is that all i need to start into getting gains? or i am missing anything?
>>
Bait? You need to eat less and lift more.
>>
>>41999208
Youre missing exercise and good diet retard
>>
Nofap is a meme
Smoking doesn't affect your weight (you choosing to eat more isn't an effect)
Alcohol is a good start
But you need to diet, tubby
>>
>>41999218
>>41999224
>>41999226
Obviously i am going to start lifting but i need to test me without no fap and tobacco before the cutting diet starts
tl;dr discipline
>>
>>41999208
don't stop smoking, it increases your BMR and suppresses apetite. Just do it after you lose the weight.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3941694
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2773833
>>
>>41999278
>6% in BMR/day (from one study) is worth the trade off of completely killing your cardio, endurance, wallet, and health
>>
>>41999278
Those are negligible differences and the decrease in BMR far more positive than the numerous side effects smoking has.
I hate when I see an obese person claim they just quit smoking and it caused them to gain like 50 pounds. No it didn't, bitch, you just ate a slice of cake instead of smoke a cig
>>
>>41999253
Nofap is not a meme, focus on it and you'll find your willpower with other things is a lot stronger.
>>
How bad is drinking alcohol the night of gym day?
>>
>>41999428
(1) Dehydration – Should be fairly obvious. Saturated muscles grow better than dry ones. Consuming alcohol dehydrates muscle tissue resulting in a weakened anabolic environment.
(2) Reduced Protein Synthesis – Protein synthesis is the process of building muscle. When we work out we break down our muscle tissue; growth then takes place in the rest period afterwards as the tissue is repaired – this process of repair is called ‘protein synthesis.’ The rate at which this happens decreases with alcohol consumption.
(3) Decreased Testosterone –The vast majority of research conducted in the past 25 years in both animals and humans has found that alcohol inhibits testosterone secretion. Testosterone is a very anabolic hormone which is why you want to implement a diet that naturally maximizes testosterone levels. Therefore alcohol should be minimized.
(4) Hangover – No explanation need here I hope. You can forget having a great workout for 48 or even 72 hours after a heavy night’s drinking.
>>
>>41999208
Congratulations on quitting alcohol and tobacco. That's a great first step.

To lose weight, you need to eat a calorie deficit. Start meal planning and counting your calories. If you cut out soda, sugars, take-out, and overly processed foods, it shouldn't be too hard to meet your calorie goals.

That's it. For specifics on routine, read the sticky. Can't say whether nofap is a meme or not, but I have felt better since I cut down to about once a week.
>>
>>41999253
What the fuck kind of logic is that?

Oh wait, it's fat logic.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.