[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else use the "Wim Hoff Method"? A cold shower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: the hoff.jpg (84KB, 700x465px) Image search: [Google]
the hoff.jpg
84KB, 700x465px
Anyone else use the "Wim Hoff Method"? A cold shower in the morning gets the whole day kicked off hard and I use his breathing technique whenever I bicycle and it improves my overall stamina by quite a bit. I live in a hilly environment so I keep heartrate fairly low going downhill and going back up I profit from the stored oxygen. Totally works and running around in swimshorts during snowstorms makes you feel like a badass nord. Also anyone with other breathing techniques to recommend feel free. Im already aware of box breathing and I also use this during stressful situations.
>>
Please elaborate on the breathing you're talking about.
>>
>>41987678
probably just hyperventilation heavy breaths through the nose and out the mouth
>>
I cant help but think all of this is placebo bullshit and nothing bar an extreme quantity of anecdotal evidence would convince me otherwise. Also I know you mean running around in snow because if you run around in a real snow storm youd be dead in 30 minutes
>>
>>41987690
you dont stay until hypothermia, you keep warm clothes nearby.
>>41987678
its basically a sort of hyperventilation I guess. You breathe in deep through the nose then drop from the mouth but the exhale is fast and shallow. Like Breathe in in slow and deep from your nose then just relax your chest and diaphragm and let the air just fall out, but dont push it, then repeat. The official Hoff method is to do 30 breathes like that then hold your breath as long as possible on the exhale, then breath in and hold 15, repeat for 3-4 sets, do this while in the cold shower and you get a huge feeling of inner warmth and power. >>41987690
also Hoff has been proven by scientific study and he's done some really amazing feats, he climbed everest in shorts so its not just placebo bullshit.

Box breathing is where you breath in four seconds>hold 4>out 4>hold 4>repeat, hence "box" breathing. I feel it works for me so maybe its placebo bullshit but its an effective one
>>
>>41987690
btw a quick search will yield and extreme quantity of anecdotal evidence on Hoff and his techniques, and the SEALs use box breathing. Breathing is super important and being conscious of it imbues you with a certain "power" if you will.
>>
>>41987678

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW1C_3OXhEs
>>
Doesn't he have a twin brother that can do similar feats without the mumbo jumbo?
Genetic makeup of "brown fat" IIRC
>>
hyperventilating to the point of nearly passing out is annoying to do, but feels good after you do it.

cold showers are annoying at first, but feels good after you're done.

it's pretty easy to just keep taking cold showers, but the breathing method is pretty hard to force yourself into doing everyday.
>>
>>41988574
I worked as a horse trainer for a long time and every morning I would do the breathing exercise while feeding and giving water to them in the mornings. Also you can just do it during the cold shower
>>
>>41987961
ill get a huge feeling of inner warmth and power when i fuck your mom and dad
edit: fuck you and brap
>>
>>41987661
You're not supposed to use it will biking you idiot, if you pass out you'll fucking die.
>>
>>41988539
>Doesn't he have a twin brother that can do similar feats without the mumbo jumbo?
The opposite.

>>41987661
I'm on week four and I stopped for a day or two because at some point I started doing something wrong with my breathing and I can't reach that tingling sensation in my limbs,
my retention times got worse because of that too.
First time I've ever tried it I did 2:30-3:00 minutes and now I barely get close to 2:00,
not sure what I'm doing wrong.
I did realize that if you don't do the cold shower everyday it becomes quite hard.
>>
Idk what it is, but it feels fucking great. And it makes meditation really easy.
>>
>>41987661
He looks a bit like a smaller non-burned version of Sandor Clegane
>>
>>41990127
faggot, stay stupid.
>you cant cure stupid.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.