[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a 33 pounds barbell for my homegym, what I want to know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: OB-7-Hard-Chrome-Bar-xlg.jpg (33KB, 864x578px) Image search: [Google]
OB-7-Hard-Chrome-Bar-xlg.jpg
33KB, 864x578px
I have a 33 pounds barbell for my homegym, what I want to know is when it'll bend and when I should switch to 45 pounds. Thanks.
>>
>>41987320
Buy a 45 pound barbell and check its max weight before you start postinf about how tou "squatted 2 plates". Don't go cheap on a bar unless you want to not go above 500-600 pounds
>>
>>41987335
>"squatted 2 plates"
not sure what you mean by this, 2x90= 180 +45 = 225, I'm at 220 right now with my squat, so not a big difference. I'm sort of tight on cash right now so I'd rather only change the bar when I need to, can you help?
>>
>>41987320
I have a standard bar that I was squatting 315 for 5x5 many years ago with. I would recommend to get a nice barbell when you feel it flexing uncomfortably.
Or lift for around a year and decide if you are going to continue.
It all depends on how good the bar is,mine has the best knurling I have ever felt but had too much whip on 315 for me to feel safe.
It shouldn't snap but it might bend to a permanent shape. Some of the gym's bars have that.
>>
>>41987320

why is the bar 33lbs?
Do you have a women's oly bar?
Is it shorter than a normal oly bar?
Is it a multi-piece bar that isn't solid all the way through?
>>
>>41987469
>Is it a multi-piece bar that isn't solid all the way through?
yes, no is the answer to the other two, got it from a pack that came with 70 lbs with it. In retrospec I should have gotten a 45 but this is what I've got for now, I want to know roughly around the time I need to change before it snaps while it's on my back. I don't think it'll bend because it's only little metal pins that are holding it together
>>
>>41987524
u probably wont even need to switch out the bar. a bar is just a bar and it will hold the weight fine, dont go all reddit and stress about the weight of the bar ever again
>>
>>41987524

Get a another bar pronto

I can guarantee those inner collars are going to come off eventually. They will just give loose and plates will slide inward at you the second your squat isn't perfectly level.

I broke a finger once when my hand was between the 25s on a curl bar that tipped over. I do not want to imagine the damage that a 45 or two would do to your shoulders
>>
>>41987620
could you recommend one for me? thanks for letting me know before I kill myself btw
>>
>>41987640

The OB-86 family from Cap are more power bars than whippier true oly bars. You can get them with or without center knurl, and they're good enough that smaller boxes or gyms will are known to use them.

Depending on if Amazon has a sale on, I've seen them as low as 99USD. Even at the 130-160 range it usually runs, there's not many options until you get to the 300-400 USD range
>>
>>41987759

One more bit.
I believe they're all snapring bars, so if you disassemble it and relube in with good fresh white lithium grease, it will have nice but not amazing spin on the collars. It's enough for a beater & learning
>>
Since you purchased a 33 lb barbell I'm guessing you're never going to be strong enough to overload it with plates.
>>
>>41987759
I have one of these and I love it. Spins great, max weight 1200, good knurling. I honestly don't know what more I need or want from a bar.

Your bar should have a max weight, don't go over that. You could literally die.
>>
I wouldnt personally put more than 400lbs on it

though I was the dude who deadlifted 315 on a preacher curl bar at a planet fitness

so

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>41988466
how was it?
>>
>>41987320
>what I want to know is when it'll bend
how the fuck would we know

>and when I should switch to 45 pounds
yesterday
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.