[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I keep seeing people mention going over a 1000 calorie deficit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: imfatasfuck.jpg (3MB, 3088x4160px) Image search: [Google]
imfatasfuck.jpg
3MB, 3088x4160px
I keep seeing people mention going over a 1000 calorie deficit is bad. On May 31st I was at 240 pounds and I then started tracking all my food. I've been doing so for a little over 4 weeks now and I've lost 15 pounds by eating around 1800-1900 calories each day and typically burning ~3300 each day. I just started lifting this week, but before that all I would do is walk a shit ton and eat right. I'm 6'1", 22 years old, and currently 225 lbs. What am I doing wrong exactly by creating that size deficit? I'm not doubting it, I just want to understand. Pic related is me about three weeks ago. I eat very clean, my main source of protein being about a pound of chicken a day. I eat four times a day, five times if you count the protein shake as a meal.
>>
>>41987166
well first of 15 pounds in 4 weeks is not bad.
Secondly, you have so much fat you could survive on it own so there's really no need for you to eat anything over 1000 kcal but you will feel hungry, but have in mind that you're in no danger whatsoever as long as you get your minerals either through food or supplements.
And i assume that people tell you to not lose weight fast enough so you don't have bad stretch marks.

So train while losing weight, you can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time if you're new, which you are.
go far my friend, and enjoy life.
>>
>>41987166
>typically burning ~3300 each day
This is more calories than the average marathon runner burns. This is why people aren't going to take you seriously, your frame of reference is so off you can't even lie realistically
>>
>>41987166
Try a water fast for a week , post results for science purposes.
>>
>>41987226
I don't mean to lie, if that information is wrong I did not realize. I've got a fitbit that tells me I burn so many calories each day and on average that's what it reads. And while I realize a fucking fitbit is definitely not gonna be spot on, everything else I try usually reads about the same. What is a more realistic number and how can I accurately track that? Everything I've tried (being online calclulators and such) has told me that my BMR is 2076, and while I don't know if that's 100% accurate I assume it's at least close. Typically online calculators tell me I burn around 2800 daily, and once I started actually exercising it has gone up to 3300. This is where my numbers come from, I'm not trying to lie or impress anybody. I'm looking for legitimate advice here so I can do this correctly.
>>
>>41987289
Dont count excerise into your caloric regimen. Just focus on tracking the calories you eat.

Maintain 1800-1900 until you get to a point where your weight loss stagnates.

Then do one week at eating at your tdee (recalculated), think of it as a cheat week.

After that start cutting again. You can't maintain 1000 cal deficit since your tdee will decrease as you lose weight.
>>
>>41987289
typcally walking burns around 80kcal a kilometer and running around 120kcal a kilometer.
you're a bit bigger so make that 100/150.
is it anything close to that?
>>
>>41987345
also the numbers you posted are completely realistic, i work as a consultant and i literally walk 11 hours a day, rarely standing in one place, if your job is anything similar, those numbers could be true.
>>
>>41987226
3300 calories TDEE is not that high, especially at 225 lbs and with some daily activity OP, I would use the "light activity" setting on your tdee calculator and subtract 500-1000 calories (dependent on your goal)
>>
File: weeklycalories.png (149KB, 2016x512px) Image search: [Google]
weeklycalories.png
149KB, 2016x512px
>>41987362
>>41987345
Here's a picture from the entire last week to show how much I typically walk and how many calories my fitbit tells me I burn. Monday is when I started lifting (SL 5x5) so my walking went down a bit, however Tuesday and Thursday are my cardio days.
>>
>>41987512
well from the stats i see - utter bullshit.
16000 steps is around 700-800kcal burned for someone of your size. if all of that would be in running it would be around 1200kcal.

i wouldn't trust fitbit with your running/walking kcal calculations, just do them yourself.
1km of walking = 100 kcal burned
1km of running 150kcal burned
x1.5 if you're counting miles not kilometers.

when you lose weight you also lose the amount needed to walk/run so decrease by 10 every 40lbs
>>
File: tdee.png (107KB, 1187x881px) Image search: [Google]
tdee.png
107KB, 1187x881px
>>41987688
Online calcs typically tell me my TDEE is around 2800. So 700-800kcal burned from walking adds up actually. That is of course assuming the TDEE of 2800 is correct to begin with.
>>
>>41987745
yes it should be around that.

so there you go, make sure to eat your protein and don't skip out on gym.
don't be lazy and do your sets til you can't do one more rep.
at least that's what i do. if i do 5x5 and i see that i can do more on my last set, i lift til i can't, next time you'll know that you can increase weight.

anyway don't cheat and you will make it, post progress in cbt thread from time to time, later man.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.