[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convince me that long distance running as the only form of exercise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Convince me that long distance running as the only form of exercise isnt the true masterrace.

>no equipment necessary
>no risk of drowning
>no gym fees
>no having to drive to and from the gym
>you dont look bulky
>>
>>41986484
I don't even know why white people do this sport lol they'll never compete.

don't @ me
>>
enjoy your shitty joints, swimming is and always will be the GOAT due to its low impact and the fact that is works the whole body. there's no risk of drowning if you aren't a retard
>>
>>41986484
If you do chin ups you'll be able to run faster. I said chin ups not bulking.
>>
If you're actually doing long distance you'll have to eat while you run, which at that point is pretty fucking stupid. If you're moving so long and burning so much that your body requires food or you will pass out you're doing it wrong. Not to mention the long term damage it does to your tendons. 5-10 miles regularly is fine but anymore is only for competition or necessity.
>>
>>41986639
>can literally die in multiple ways by swimming
>swimmable clean water not free near most homes
>even so, would likely have to drive there which is a nonstarter

haha
>>
>>41986751
>If you're actually doing long distance you'll have to eat while you run
That's not true. In cross country we raced 5 miles. You don't eat at that distance.
>>
>>41986751
>eating while you 10k
once in a while maybe, senpai
>>
>>41986751
You dont exhaust your short term energy reserves of carbs until around mile 20, hence the wall of a marathon where youre body starts burning fat instead.

But correct 5-10 miles plenty for the average person, dont fucking eat on it though you retard.

Why dont you eat in the middle of your 1 hour lift also
>>
>>41986639
Your joints are going to be shittier from not doing any exercise at all, retard.

>>41986844
>5 miles
>Long distance
U wot m8, half marathons at the minimum is long distance, and some would say only full marathons and above is.

Anyways, triathlons are the true master race because it activates more of your muscles and varies the high impact training from running with low impact from cycling and swimming.
>>
>>41986484
remember how the risk of sudden death from your heart expoding increases from long distance running kek
>>
>>41986844
Youre either really dumb or underage
>>
>>41986967
Cross country (3-5 miles) is long distance. There's no buts about it.
>>
>>41986484
>no equipment necessary
Does a good pair of running shoes count because if you go cheap and get karrimore shoes then on a half or full marathon your going to be paraplegic for the next week?
>>
short distance is sprinting

anything approaching and above a 5k is long distance
>>
>>41987208
I would have said 10k +
>>
File: 1470477983770.gif (992KB, 389x259px) Image search: [Google]
1470477983770.gif
992KB, 389x259px
>>41986484
>no risk of drowning

top kek
>>
>>41986484

Cross country looks gay
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.