[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tell people you're vegan for moral gains >eat meat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1497464199184.jpg (71KB, 938x632px) Image search: [Google]
1497464199184.jpg
71KB, 938x632px
>tell people you're vegan for moral gains
>eat meat when you're alone
Who else /vegan/ here?
>>
>>41980541
DEVILISH
>>
>>41980541
Me, I tell people I am vegan and eat solely animal products.
>>
>>41980541
>don't tell anyone I'm vegan
>eat vegan
>eventually someone notices and brings it up
>Start yelling at me that meat is good for you etc.
>perceive my dietary choices as a personal attack on their lifestyle
>they go online and post about how annoying vegans are
Every fucking time
>>
>>41980706
shit that never happened for 500, Alex
>>
I honestly would prefer being vegan, but meat, milk and eggs are a solid 80% of my diet. And I'm borderline skelly so it's not easy changing that
>>
>>41980706
this is like one of those tumblr bullshit stories about fat shaming. this has never happened, ever
>>
>>41980762
>>41981020
It happens to me all the time. People notice when you deviate from the collective.
>"Hey anon, you never eat meat, are you a vegan or something?"
>Yeah
>"Oh wow I could never do that. I just loooove bacon so much"
>"I had this one vegan friend who had to quit because they became emaciated and almost died"
>"you know beans grow in manure, that means you can't eat beans"
These are all things people have actually said to me.

My theory is, like I said, they perceive my diet as a personal attack on their culture/lifestyle, and take offense to it. That is why they immediately start to argue with me when I haven't even said anything.

It's the same thing on /fit/. Why would a bunch of meat eaters come into a vegan thread and and start flinging shit if they didn't feel attacked or threatened? Food is a major part of everyone's lives and they get emotional over it
>>
Eh vegan lifestyle can work when you're young, but when you're older, you really end up looking like shit.
>>
why bother with such nonsense
>>41981251
probably because you accuse normal people of murder : )
>>
>>41980706
Confirmed for never having a social interaction and probably isn't even a vegan

Real life is more like
>"Anon you aren't eating chicken?"
>"Nah I try to stay away from animal products."
>"Oh cool."

The internet just likes to blow things way out of proportion for the sake of entertainment
>>
>>41981331
That's not how it works. I have no reason to lie to you, people are dumbfounded by it because meat eating is so engrained into society.

Try going against the grain for once in your life anon, you'll find society tends to want to stamp out people who think for themselves
>>
>>41982225
Shit, meant to reply to >>41982136
>>
File: hi im vegan.png (578KB, 723x482px) Image search: [Google]
hi im vegan.png
578KB, 723x482px
>>41980541
>tell people you're vegan for moral gains
>secretly you're vegan solely for health gains and couldn't care less about animals suffering.
Kek it's true.
>>
There are four vegan threads in the catalog atm, when can we start reporting for flooding?
>>
>>41980706
>>41980762
>>41981020
>>41982136
reverse irony you took the bait
>>
>>41982299
Reminder they're all from reddit
>https://www.reddit.com/r/nutrition/comments/6j8kwb/i_would_just_like_to_point_out_a_few_fallacies/
>https://desuarchive.org/fit/thread/41857705/#41861522
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.