[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to the store to buy some fractional plates >ask for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1493042176788.png (130KB, 898x444px) Image search: [Google]
1493042176788.png
130KB, 898x444px
>go to the store to buy some fractional plates
>ask for a pair of 0.5 kg and two pairs of 1 kg plates
>"It'll be 100 dollars, sir"

what the fuck
>>
>>41979398
nigga just cellotape a bag of sugar to the barbell
>>
>>41979739
cellotape bitch what the fuck is that harry potter bullshit
>>
Just put water jugs on a broom stick
>>
>>41979739
10/10 solution
>>
It's due to the tolerancing. Good 45 lbs plates can vary +/- 1 to 1.5 lbs. When you're working with weights under a lb it becomes a different matter entirely to make sure that they're made within an appropriate margin of error.

That being said, why the fuck would you waste money on that? Unless you want to go for a competition max then there's literally no point to buying microplates.
>>
File: 2017-05-26-07-19-42-.jpg (11KB, 229x221px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-26-07-19-42-.jpg
11KB, 229x221px
>>41979806
>>
>>41979940
>It's due to the tolerancing. Good 45 lbs plates can vary +/- 1 to 1.5 lbs. When you're working with weights under a lb it becomes a different matter entirely to make sure that they're made within an appropriate margin of error.
shit like this is funny

>food companies have gotten to the point they have automated machines that bag thousands of bags of food via letting it simply fall into the bag at the perfect weight, within .1 of a gram. they have had this tech for a couple decades now. you will never buy bag of potato chips that has an extra gram in it or missing one
>companies whose only job is to make a dedicated weight can't get it right when all they have to do is pour molten metal into a premade mode
lmao
>>
Go and get 1" washers from a hardware shop.

I bought some and they were all around 250g each. Cost a couple of dollars.
>>
>>41980166
comparing potato chips with molten metal.
are you this fucking thick?
>>
>>41980166
I'm not going to call you and idiot because it's not exactly common knowledge, but you know nothing about materials engineering. Isotropic materials, meaning same material properties in all directions including density, nearly do not exist. A range is bound to happen by simple fact a material used in a process like this is never a true form of itself.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.