[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you go pro in a sport? None of that "work hard"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1466.jpg (110KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1466.jpg
110KB, 640x640px
How do you go pro in a sport?
None of that "work hard" shit, obviously that is a given. More specifically football.
>>
>strap go pro to head
>play sport
Wah lah
>>
>>41974957
If you're asking this now it's probably too late
I don't feel like typing it out but the book outliers gives some good info regarding professional sports
>>
>>41974987
Made me chuckle
>>
>>41974957
>play in amateur team
>be good enough
>play in local championships
>get scouted by pro team
>>
You have to become so fucking good at football that people will pay good money to watch you play.
>>
>>41974957

The best football player my HS ever had was only good enough to have like 3 carries as a Texas Longhorn and transferred to Abilene Christian and went undrafted.
>>
>>41975137
Really puts shit in perspective. OP, you have to be scary good. I'm not gonna be that doubter that says it's impossible, but you need to go 150% dedicated to football
>>
>>41975413
I'm pretty fucking good (wouldn't be making this thread otherwise). I had 16.5 sacks as a junior last year. (18 mods). I play defensive end, and I'm getting looked at by some top tier FCS squads. But I want lifting types to push me foward
>>
>>41975428

JJ Watt at 6'5" 290lbs ran a 4.84 and benched 2pl8 for 34 reps at the combine. How well do you measure up to those numbers?
>>
>>41975477
>6'3
>255
>225 bench would likely be around 19-22
>40 time was 4.95
Also, I'm a 3-4 OLB, so I don't have to be as big as watt
>>
>play little league
>learn the most basic fundamentals
>play in high school
>refine fundamentals, find position, start developing football IQ, impress scouts
>get a full ride athletic scholarship to a university with a respected program and good coach who cares about your development
>perfect your fundamentals, put up good numbers, develop your football IQ and game sense even more, impress NFL scouts
>go to combine, put up good numbers
>get drafted

you can't just "walk on" to a pro football team if that's what you're asking. you need to showcase rock solid game sense and playmaking capability to go pro.

like >>41975137 said, the best football player EVER to come out of my town was drafted by the falcons, played a preseason game, got moved to practice squad, then released.
>>
Get on the bicycle senpai.
>>
>>41975428

if you're serious and in your senior year get on gear, you're going to want to be well on it by the time scouts see you play. It's a big decision, but its your life
>>
>>41974957
wtf I hate god now
>>
>>41976679
This. Unless your from a 'legacy' family (like the Graces in mma) odds are you're gonna have to give scoob your natty card.
>don't drink alcohol
>don't party
>fuck for sport
>NO GFS, NO EMOTIONAL VARIABLES
>no fuckboy friends
Make it your life. Fucking every second of your life. You'll surpass scores of your competitors. Improve every single minimal aspect until you're undeniable. True dedication will get you further than anything but the ol' Himalayan Kualasterone oils

T. Career criminal who's never watched football except for the titans-rams superbowl
>>
You dont go pro. Thats fucking retarded, you work a trade job and go fly fishing on the weekends.
>>
My dad used to work out at this old bodybuilding gym in Massachusetts, where a lot of the old Patriots players used to come and work out. He talked to them and basically gave me a description of the levels of football based on what the Patriots players told him.

>High School
Anyone can really play. It's a selection of a highschool, and you'll see guys that are big and strong, but it's more strategy over anything.

>College
These teams are basically made up of the best players in each division of high school sports. You can't really play in college unless you're genetically predisposed to being big and fast, but the difference between College and High School football isn't that crazy.

>NFL and professional level
The NFL players said that there is such an astronomical difference between college and professional that it's hard to put into words. The people that play professional football are not only genetic freaks, they're intelligent (relatively), and they've been training their whole life to be good at football. Vince Wilfork is 325lbs and runs a 5.08 40 yard dash. Before you could even stand up from being set on the line, professional players will have you on your ass and be past you. The NFL represents the best players from every college team, which was already limited.

That's why it makes me laugh when people say things like "Alabama could beat the Browns!" The Browns are the worst team in the NFL, but they would beat Alabama 100-0 without even trying.

Playing in the NFL isn't just a matter of being a genetic freak, it's about the work you put in. You can play and be really good at college football if you just rely on athleticism, but you will never play in the NFL.
>>
>>41977001
That was a fucking great super bowl
>>
>>41977083
This desu
>>
Bumperoni
>>
>>41975011
It's pretty interesting, for example, something about the top hockey players being chosen because of a specific month cutoff (forgot which month) for training ages and the oldest ones in each of these groups physically develop faster and get more special treatment because of their performances. The extra treatment then snowballs and keeps the oldest players much better than the younger ones even though they're in the same training group as children.

It also has a chapter about why chinese people are better at math, because their language and symbols are more streamlined and convenient to constantly work around than english number names
>>
>>41976452

Justin Houston weighed in at 270 at 6'3"with a 4.68 and benched 225x30. You got some work to do anon.
>>
>>41974957
How you people find it in your heart to follow a malicious angry figment of imagination is beyond me senpai. No wonder the vikings raped your homelands.
>>
>>41976452
Change sports. Football is waaaay too competitive for professional play. Go play rugby or something where a bunch of functional alcoholics still play on top tier professional teams.
>>
>>41979128
>what are Northern Crusades
Other way around, we raped their homelands
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.