[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello fellas,I'm 19 and weigh about 180-ish at 5'10.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: mbm.jpg (33KB, 421x449px) Image search: [Google]
mbm.jpg
33KB, 421x449px
Hello fellas,I'm 19 and weigh about 180-ish at 5'10. I'm wanting to lose some weight, but I don't have all that great of an idea how to lose it properly/efficiently etc. I know diet, exercise, and calorie consumption play a big role, but I'd like some advice on how to drop some weight. I plan on hitting the gym and lifting after I drop said weight. Thanks in advance.
>>
Install Myfitnesspal app. It tells you the calories, and it stores the food you eat. It does 90% of the work for you and the only way to not lose weight on it is by cheating.
>>
File: Yeezus.jpg (7KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
Yeezus.jpg
7KB, 184x184px
>>41972593
Count calories and don't eat as much. Google a calorie counter to see how much you need a day to lose weight.

Cut out sugary shit, fast food and fizzy drinks. Drink water only, occasional tea or coffee is fine though.

Lifting weights will increase your metabolic rate, which is how much energy your body needs to stay alive basically, so if you lift your metabollic rate will increase, and in turn that will increase the amount of calories you burn for just sitting around.

You can do it OP <3

Also don't quit. Quitting is the worst thing you can do if you want to lose weight.
>>
>>41972619
>>41972630

Thanks guys, will definitely do. I have no intentions on quitting, I'm tired of being pudgy and need to lose the weight and put on some mass. I have friends that bodybuild so I can probably ask them for some advice too. So far they've told me drink water/iced tea with no sugar only and do a lot of cardio.
>>
>>41972656
Good lad
>>
>>41972593
At 5'10 180 you should just lift and eat around maintenance imo. Youre prob a little chubby but you will gain muscle pretty fast and weight loss will be really easy once you have some muscle mass to boost up your basal metabolic rate. Not to mention you will lose some fat while youre gaining muscle as a new lifter
>>
>>41972995

So start lifting before doing any type of cutting?
>>
>>41973491
Yes. Youre new to lifting right? You will gain muscle very very fast which will make it much easier to lose fat
>>
>>41972656
I would also run as much as you can.

People say to focus on certain groups on certain days and to lift on one and run on another or some shit, but just ignore that. Do everything, every day.

Just deal with the pain and your body will adapt.
>>
>>41973522

I did some lifting back in Freshman year but that was a while back.
>>
>>41972995
believe me my dude don't make the same mistakes I did, I was in pretty much exactly your situation but I cut all the fat before I started a proper lifting program - if only I'd started lifting and eating maintenance (maybe ever so slightly below if you're hitting macros) I could have made such easy gains and not wasted time like I have. If you lose all the weight and then start lifting as I did the journey is far more difficult and less rewarding.
>>
>>41973758
shit sorry replied to wrong post - was addressed to OP
>>
>>41973758
>>41973768

Good looking out, ty man. I'll defo start lifting first then.
>>
File: 1494369204470.jpg (10KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
1494369204470.jpg
10KB, 213x237px
>>41972593
Hey OP, I'm a guy who is in a very similar situation as you, although I've been cutting for just about 2 months. What's worked for is as follows:

If you aren't already jogging, jog. Start doing Couch-to-5K and don't stop.
Start lifting weights, even if they're light as fuck, just start lifting them. I've noticed that I actually have muscle mass on my arms for the first time ever.
Watch what you eat, have a rough idea about the calories that you consume. MFP works pretty well although I now use it to check, eventually you get the hang of 'eyeballing' calories.
Most importantly, don't stop. I've ate like absolute shit today but I'm not going to use that as an excuse to stop. I'll just keep on going and I know if I keep going, I'll make it.

Hope this has been of any use.
>>
>>41973786

Ty for the advice my man. Will definitely start my cardio game strong.
>>
>>41973786
>>41973808

I actually just got back from lunch, and I've ate about 600 or so, and going by a calorie counter, I have about 660 left for the day. I'm sure it'll get easier to eyeball and count as time goes on.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.