[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else /emotional eating/ here? My dog died today and I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1613.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1613.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
Who else /emotional eating/ here? My dog died today and I've ingested about a week and a half’s worth of calories. So feels thread too, I guess.
>>
>>41969234
I hope none of those calories were from your dog
>>
What happened in your childhood that linked food to emotion. What emotion is it linked to?
ex
>family buys ice cream when you do well on test
>Food linked to accomplishment and parental pride.
>>
>>41969570

Not OP, but for me it was just the way my parents would stop me from complaining and whining.
So I guess food is generally tied to making me feel better. Certainly makes dieting harder when things aren't going well. But its not really a problem during the good times.
>>
File: 1466407969318.jpg (20KB, 278x323px) Image search: [Google]
1466407969318.jpg
20KB, 278x323px
>>41969264
>>
So fucking tempted.

I was with my wife in bed, I was cuddling and caressing her, and she's just ignoring me.
She rolls over to me and half jokingly asks "what's with you?".
I of course respond that I'm in the mood and want her.
She responds with "I'm never interested in that like you are, my version of intimacy is just cuddling and watching Netflix".

I'm supposed to go to the gym in an hour, but I have absolutely no motivation and I just feel sick to my stomach.

I mean what do you do when you just cut down like that?
I look the best I ever have, but she doesn't want me?
>>
>>41969234
That sucks op, my condolences
I eat my feelings, too. Oddly enough it only started in my mid 20s, but i have it somewhat under control
>>
>>41971555

Nobody can love you more than yourself. You can still love someone a whole lot, and vice versa, but our instincts above all else are to survive and protect. And even when protecting someone else, giving up your life for theirs, that's a love and respect to yourself, you're making the ultimate commitment to your principles. Marriage is a commitment, sure, but death is forever, nothing's more final than that. My point is that validation is nice, but life has meaning because you give it meaning. You didn't shrink away from the realization that there's no universal truths, you didn't give up and say what the point of anything was, you got in shape. You do have power and you need to take pride in that.

If your wife really doesn't care about appearances, that's great. Don't take that as a sign to let yourself go, but take the next step and see if she responds to you more by accomplishing things that go beyond your self-actualization. Trying to improve your career path or volunteering/inspiring others do something.
>>
File: IMG_0474.jpg (314KB, 1537x2049px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0474.jpg
314KB, 1537x2049px
>>41969234
That is a fine reason to binge, eat as much as you want

RIP anon's pupper
>>
>>41971555
Communicate exactly how you're feeling to her, you've got to tell her what you just told us
>>
>>41969234
Use your sadness and turn it into anger and turn your anger into drive for your goals.
>>
File: 1466427158567.png (14KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1466427158567.png
14KB, 300x250px
>>41969234
I do. Usually when I feel guilty or sad I turn to food. I feel for your loss though man
>>
File: 1490376205421.png (227KB, 635x661px) Image search: [Google]
1490376205421.png
227KB, 635x661px
>>41969234
Emotional eater reporting in.

My entire family are based on being fat/skinnyfats. Me being in the skinnyfat category. I'm addicted to chasing that serotonin release you get through eating delicious sugary foods, despite if I "feel full" or not. If possible, I'd also be abusing the fuck out of MDMA, Ketamine, etc and fry my brain.

Being born clinically depressed with lower than average levels of serotonin can do that I guess.

I remember the first time in my life I cut down to 12% bodyfat doing a low carb diet for almost three months.
Then for 2 weeks I randomly started binging everyday on high carb high sugar foods.

Gained all my weight back and now sitting at my usual 16-19% bodyfat.

I won't make it.
>>
>>41972076
Already tried man.

It's just feeling invisible to the person you love more than anything else in the world.

It just feels so fucking crushing every time I see a happy couple - on the TV, in movies, on the internet, walking down the street.
You feel like you've been robbed of your joy by all these fucking strangers - it's stupid and completely illogical, but I just can't help it.
>>
>>41972753
dump her you fucking nigger
>>
>>41972820
She's the person I love most in the world.
Our life is great outside of the bedroom, I just want her to feel as excited and as attracted to me as I am for her.
>>
File: wallhaven-80673.png (2MB, 4961x3508px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-80673.png
2MB, 4961x3508px
>>41969234
>sentient being dies feels bad
>eats other sentient beings to stop sadness

logic
>>
>>41972888
Fuck off Vegan "Gains".
>>
>>41972873
Oh man I was in the EXACT same situation as you. Except it was a gf.
If it had always been like this with no inprovement, you're just gonna drag yourself down into a deep, dark hole.

Everyone has needs. Sex and feeling attractive is definitely a valid one. If she can't see you have that or doesn't care, you two are better off taking a break. It is much better this way, trust me.

You could try to talk to her and see if you can get her on the same level. But if she shrugs it off and calls you weird, it's best to take a break from each other
>>
>>41972888
you don't even know what he ate you fucking ass
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.