[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of exercises do MMA fighters do? Do they train

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: nintchdbpict000318188618.jpg (47KB, 960x655px) Image search: [Google]
nintchdbpict000318188618.jpg
47KB, 960x655px
What kind of exercises do MMA fighters do? Do they train just for explosion?
>>
>>41960797
No, you're thinking of ISIS.
>>
>>41960797
a bunch of them do different things
a lot of meme shit for some ungodly reason
oly lifts and deads seem to be a safe constant
>>
>>41960797
Depends on the goal but explosive/power movements have to fit in their programming.
Add to it a bit of hypertrophy/strength stuff if they want to jump a weight class.
>>
>>41960797
Can't wait till Conor McGreGOAT starches Mayweather
>>
>>41960797
explosive
endurance
toughness
speed
strength
>>
>>41960876
Mayweather is going to win. Mc will do a dive. This gives Mc publicity and it will let Mayweather have 100 win streak before retiring.
>>
File: anderson silva lifting.png (245KB, 354x315px) Image search: [Google]
anderson silva lifting.png
245KB, 354x315px
>>41960797
lots of meme garbage that really doesn't do anything, usually
>>
>>41960910
>mfw learning that the reason RDA was so strong for a LW was simply because he does normal fucking lifts

i swear with all the people that have a wrestling background in mma they have no excuse to not know how to fucking lift
>>
>>41960910
>>41960967
>random nerds on the internet thinking they know better than professional athletes

lmao
>>
>>41960797
I'm a boxer, and I would imagine their training is similar to ours.

>Conditioning/endurance work (both muscular and cardiovascular)
>skill work/sparring
>strength training and lifting (limited, really used to ensure muscle and joints can take the above work)
>>
>>41960967
he trained with that nick curson memester who thinks the most important thing for athletes is foot strength when he was on his run

but yeah most of the MMA fighters known for their strength just do actual non meme lifts
>>
>>41960983
They're going to use more strength work than boxers as a rule, due to how important that shit is for wrestling.
>>
>>41960980
most professional athletes in MMA are hues with double digit IQs
>>
>>41960986
Really?

I could have sworn he was the one who did non-meme shit
>>
>>41960999
true, I forgot they grapple and shit.
>>
>>41961013
i said memester semi facetiously, curson came from the marinovich school of thought and they were obviously pretty successful at producing monsters and his methods worked for RDA

i just know he's big on foot strength being important for fighters/athletes in general
>>
File: 1491028229953.jpg (37KB, 480x516px) Image search: [Google]
1491028229953.jpg
37KB, 480x516px
>>41960836
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.