[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else's biceps/forearms feel mad fucked when you set

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Anyone else's biceps/forearms feel mad fucked when you set up real tight with a narrow grip on squats?
Had to re-rack and change to a wider grip today because some weird shit was going down in my arms.
What can I do about this? Thanks
>>
>>41958957
Like, heaps tight and narrow. Heaps
>>
>>41958957
yeah dude, that's very common, you\re cranking hard on the shoulder joint to get that narrow grip, and that stress moves through into the bicep and elbow. the tighter you are through the shoulder and the more upper body mass you have the harder it'll be to maintain a narrow grip. look at basically any big bencher squatting - hands are touching plates almost every time.

using a false grip, widening grip, moving to a higher bar position, and improving overall shoulder/thoracic mobility are all steps you can potentially take to improve this.
>>
>>41959103
By false grip do you mean thumbless? Because I already do that. Or do you mean with bent wrists like gymnast false grip?
>>
>>41959158
no I meant thumbless. thumbless wont do much provided the grip is still narrow, the other factors I mentioned are more important
>>
>>41959169
Does it matter if my wrists aren't straight though?
>>
>>41959204
if it hurts, don't do it. hard to say overall, if the bar is well supported on your back minimal stress should come through the wrists, bent or not. wrists wraps can help here.
>>
>>41959278
Oh ok, I hadn't thought of using wrist wraps. What wraps would you recommend?
>>
>>41959278
You still here?
>>
>>41959839
This
>>
>>41959839
>>41961213
These.
>>
I kind of pin the bar between my rear delts and my wrist. I don't even try to wrap my thumbs around the bar.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.