[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I fix my pelvic anterior tilt? I've had a bad back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: pelvis.jpg (19KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
pelvis.jpg
19KB, 512x384px
How do I fix my pelvic anterior tilt? I've had a bad back since I was 12. I'll do just about anything, these stretches aren't helping for shit
>>
>>41955944
Strengthen your core (planks and shit) and learn to properly hip hinge
>>
>>41955944
Lats down the back and out, abs to the spine, glutes tucked under

Strengthen them by lifting, consciously fix your posture throughout your day, keep at it for a few months and you're gold
>>
>>41955952
>>41955971
The issue with me strengthening my core is that it hurts my back badly and the pain lasts throughout the day. My back starts giving out after about 20 sit-ups (Yes I do them right) I'm sure that my core is strong enough for my weight anyway.

Could hip hinges help?
>>
Stand up straight you fucking sperg
>>
>>41956015
>sit-ups
>>
>>41956115
What is wrong with sit ups?
>>
>>41955944
Is APT even a bad thing? Girls with it give the illusion of a bigger booty. Idk if enhances male attractiveness at all though.
>>
File: anterior pelvis presley.png (326KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
anterior pelvis presley.png
326KB, 512x384px
>>
>>41956138
They strengthen and tighten your hip flexors, thus making the problem of ATP worse.
>>
>>41956379
APT*
>>
>>41955944
Hip flexor stretches. Wall angels
>>
>>41956138
You sperg, sit ups cause APT by overly strengthening the hip flexors. Either practice standing up straight in front of a mirror for hours on end until you get it, or strengthen the muscles necessary to balance out the muscles wrecking your posture. The way to do this is by strengthening your pelvic floor and your glutes.

The most convenient way of doing this is by putting your hands on something to stabilise yourself, and doing stomach vacuums and squeezing your glutes at the same time. This will feel unnatural and weird at first since you won't be used to using these muscle groups much but it works.
>>
>>41956458
Can I strengthen these muscles during a weight cut?
>>
>>41956481
I was the first guy to reply

What causes atp is a weak lower back and not properly activating glutes. To componsate your pelvis tilts forward.

To fix

You need to strenghten your full core. Sit ups dont do this. Anything that focuses on just abs is a bad idea. Planks, side planks, pallof press are all good exercises for strenghting your full core.

Hip hinge.

Deadlifts are the best fix however the easiest to fuck up. Theres many parts to it. Your best bet is watching a youtube video from a trustworthy source or highering someone. Wherever you get this info make sure the person talks about all of the following. If one part is ignored this source isnt trustworthy. Knees should never move in this whole exercise. At all times your tailbone, upper back, and head should always be perfectly straight as if these 3 points would touch a stick held along your back. And lastly this exercise should be felt mostly in your glutes, then hamstrings, then core. If you feel it in your quads then you are doing it wrong.

Now go do some research
>>
>>41956481
Of course, you don't need to add any mass to these muscles really. What you want to be doing is building up and reinforcing the neuromuscular pattern of using them so that it becomes easier to utilise these muscles. Very little extra mass, if any, is needed to fix your posture problems.

Also a side note due your APT, you need to focus on creating as much intra-abdominal pressure as you can during big lifts. This is important for everyone, but especially you because your posture puts your lower back in a position where it'll take far more of the load than it needs to, which will result not only in a damaged lower back, but a weak core.
>>
>>41956889
Im kinda drunk which is why this could be phrased much better
>>
https://youtu.be/AI8GvkJ8aXQ

Youtube has hundreds of videos all giving similar advice
>>
Search for Neanderthal no more series
and this article

https://www.t-nation.com/training/7-ways-to-fix-anterior-pelvic-tilt
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.