[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>friend starts lifting with me >see he has good potential

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1425087118534.jpg (69KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
1425087118534.jpg
69KB, 520x678px
>friend starts lifting with me
>see he has good potential
>doing much better than me when I started
>kind of hoping he slacks off so he doesn't outperform me

He still thinks I'm pretty strong, and I know I should be happy for him, but I'm gonna feel like such a twink if he catches up to me.

Do you guys have lifting partners and are you equal in strength to them? I've only once been the weaker one and it would be nice to lift with someone strong again too.
>>
File: 1490629789696.jpg (116KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1490629789696.jpg
116KB, 1024x576px
>>41951185
Let him out compete you. Don't be a fucking conniving jew. Just either fucking hit roids or work harder.
>>
>>41951239
Don't get me wrong I'm doing my best to teach him and I call him out when he wants to be lazy, it's just a mixed feel.
I've got goals for the second half of this year so if I do it right I'm gonna get much stronger.
>>
>>41951185
>skelly friend starts lifting
>teach him how to use mfp and proper form
>bulks hard and makes consistent gains
>finals come up
>makes excuses to stay out of the gym during finals week
>I'm still lifting but fair enough
>makes more excuses because it's too hot and he's going on vacation next week
>...
>comes back, says he isn't able to eat enough because it's too hot and lifting isn't worth it like this anyways

Could be worse. I feel like I've been wasting my time.
>>
>>41951185

Stop being a jealous fannyboi.
Be happy for him.
The race is long, and its only against yourself.
Also take steroids and pretend you're natty.
>>
>>41951628
>that last line
kek
>>
Once yall switch places use him as motivation.

Or just compete with yourself and stop being a bitch.

My little brother has always excelled at athletic pursuits. He never lifted before but had like a sports player physique. Took him in and watched him squat 15 lbs more than my max his first day with perfect form. Was funny.

I love him though so idc. Also I'm smarter than him and I make 40k more a year so fuck him.
>>
>>41951185
I'm sure your friend looks up to you a lot if you've been teaching him stuff about lifting. There's no reason to make it a competitive thing and cause tension. Just get in there with your bro and make gains, you're both gonna make it brah
>>
>>41951185
My friends always end up slacking off, except 1 buddy but he went full autism powerlifting mode being strict as fuck with diet and training insane amounts
>>
>>41951185
How long have you guys been working out together? Did you get him into it, or did he decide to pursue it himself?
>>
File: 1498512622738.png (542KB, 643x860px) Image search: [Google]
1498512622738.png
542KB, 643x860px
>>41951185
>Be me 2 years ago
>Get shit together start to train hard
>Talk to only friend that was fit
>Start hitting the track 3 times a week, hitting the gym 4 times a week
>Start improving
>Start catching up to friend
>Feel superior when he skips training
>Feel joy when he gets injured and skips a week
>Get injured myself
>Have to take a month off
>Feel horrible
>Feel horrible for feeling that way about my friend
>Apologies
>He calls me a faggot
>I call him a cum guzzler
>We hug it out

Now days I pretty much don't care if someones better than me, I'm not competing to be better than them I'm competing to be better than myself
>>
>>41951772
>Once yall switch places use him as motivation.
Why are you supposed to get motivated just because someone with better genetics than surpassed you? It's like telling a manlet who got outgrown by his niece to get motivated by her growth. Literally retarded.
>>
>>41951900
Height can't be controlled, but how big you are can be controlled
>>
>>41953154
Genetics for muscle building can be changed about as much as your height and a considering both of them are natty and training the same way, if the dude who started lifting later surpasses the other it obviously came down to genetics.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.