[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've been a lurker in the past and have been part of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1496609789564.jpg (23KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1496609789564.jpg
23KB, 500x281px
So I've been a lurker in the past and have been part of /fat/ for a couple of months making progress. but I've run into a bit of a wall.

3 months ago read the sticky, became a member of /fat/ and started losing weight at a steady rate.

Was at 250lbs at my heaviest.

I'm 5'10 and currently 229lbs.

For 5 weeks i have been hovering at this weight and have decided to try something a bit extreme in order to get past it.

I basically want to know if anybody here is experienced with water fasting and if you could give me some tips on how to go about doing it without being in danger of killing myself.

I've already done some research and found that people have gone 30 days without eating anything and lost a lot of weight from just fasting while under the care of a professional. I know some of you will instruct me to do this but I don't have the money to this right now and need to start losing some weight fast.

My overall goal is to be happy and overcome my current self. I look at myself every morning and ask who the fuck I am? Because the face i see before me doesn't feel like it's the real me.

one of the biggest reasons i have for wanting to do this is simply just to see who the hell is underneath all that fat and i know that i will find solace when i do.

I'm mostly looking for experienced people who have dealt with water fasting who can give me tips and some advice on how to tackle this.

I know that some will be against this telling me that it is completely unhealthy and i understand where you're coming from, but if you're going to tell me this don't waste your time because I've already tried and the other methods just aren't cutting it for me. I don't want to wait another 6 months when i could wait 6 weeks and start a new life that i can be happy with. Even if it requires me to go through some hell.
>>
>>41943943
The problem is that if you can't teach yourself the self-discipline required to lose the initial weight the proper way you'll probably just gain it back after losing it.
>>
File: 1497620706444.gif (565KB, 147x154px) Image search: [Google]
1497620706444.gif
565KB, 147x154px
>>41943998
Thanks.

You just changed my mind and my habits with that single post, i can now start eating healthy and change my life for the better.

Because you posted with that reply I look at life differently and no longer need to try fasting in order to know for sure if it would work for me.

My self-discipline has now improved and you have inspired me to change on a personal level just like that.
>>
I've seen guys post results after fasting, come on give me the good, fuck, i'll even take the bad, just don't tell me what i already know.

I'm just here for some reference.
>>
>>41943943
Intermittent fasting is healthier and easier to stick to.

If you want to lose weight fast then choose a 6 to 8 hour window where you must eat all of your food. Like from noon to 7pm you can eat but outside of that time you can only drink water or black coffee.

Make the meals within that time healthy and try to workout before you eat or after you've finished eating for the day.

Making those meals low carb will accelerate the weight loss as well but expect to feel a little weak and light headed now and then. A water fast will make you feel weak and light headed too though.
>>
>>41944192
>this

I could fucking kiss you right now, thank you.

God damn, that's all i want! some good and sound advice.
>>
>>41943943

KENNY VS SPENNY AYYYYYYYYYYY

also if you want to lose weight just count calories bro
>>
>>41944021
stay fat
>>
>>41944289
>>41943943

i'm 5'8 and have gone from 230 lbs to 195lbs in roughly 2 months just by counting calories. this is not meme advice.

also, if you lose too much weight too quickly expect to get a lot of baggy skin that may be permanent.
>>
>>41944192
>6-8 hour window.

That's not intermittent fasting homie that's just like a normal day. Intermittent fasting is like a one/two hour window.
>>
All you have to do is eat what you normally eat but less of it and if you can't even do that you're never gonna make it.
>330 -> 180
>>
>>41944407
You are absolutely fucking wrong. 6-8 hours is the standard.
>>
>>41944407
Wrong.

Look up intermittent fasting.
It requires 16 or more hours of fasting everyday. Learn to math and you'll see that a 6-8 hour window is perfect timing. You can lower the time that you're allowed to eat but the less you eat the harder it is to follow.

The reason I and others will argue against doing a water fast or only eating within a 1 or 2 hour window is because that is a crash diet. Meaning that it may give you quick weight loss but it is 100% impossible to stick to it forever, so you have to stop the diet and go back to gaining weight again.

A permanent water fast will kill you if you never come off. Eating once a day will lead to a huge spike and plummet in blood sugar and you'll feel like shit for the majority of the day.,

Pick a 6-8 hour time and consume all of your calories within that time. It isn't some bullshit crash diet that would kill you if you stuck to it for longer than 3 months. I've been doing it for years and I've lost 78 pounds, kept it off, can now eat cake and shit within my eating window, and the muscle gainz just won't stop gainin'.
>>
>>41943943
>For 5 weeks i have been hovering at this weight and have decided to try something a bit extreme in order to get past it.
Alright dude I've got the perfect solution for you: stop doing whatever the fuck you started doing 5 weeks ago. You either started underestimating your calorie intake or started telling yourself it was okay to eat some sort of food (probably junk/snack food), doesn't really matter what it was just knock it off. If you don't have the backbone to figure out what you've done wrong and own up to it you will never make it my man. Looking for "easy" solutions like a water fast is perma-lard mentality.
>>
"Water fasting", aka starvation, is not fitness related and is not a valid method of healthy weight loss. It is literally just starvation. You are losing muscle mass.

Thread reported like all water fasting threads.
>>
While I was pledging a frat I was eating like 2 meals a day, not a lot, and doing a lot of physical labor (mostly cardio-type stuff).

I lost like 20 pounds in 6 weeks.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.