[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any recommendations for a compound back exercise? I hate barbell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1498409127267.jpg (122KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498409127267.jpg
122KB, 1080x1080px
Any recommendations for a compound back exercise? I hate barbell rows. Would cable rows be an acceptable substitute? Also routine rate general
>>
>>41938593

Cable rows are better than barbell rows.
BB rows are not even in the top 3 horizontal pulling movements for back work.
>>
>>41938593
Wide stance push ups seem to work better for me than using gym equipment
>>
>>41938593
Pendlay rows
>>
>>41938593
Dumbbell rows>>41938593
>>
>>41938593
Kroc rows
seal rows
any other kind of raw without a barbell
>>
>>41938644
You do understand that a push-up is comletely different than a row?
>>
>>41938593
reverse russian dumbbell backflip squats
>>
>>41938593
One armed DB rows

DO them heavy, and use some cheating to get it up. Lower it slowly. Its awesome for grip, obliques and for the back.
>>
>>41938593
I hate rows as well but I make it my main lift on back for the same reason. Go a bit lighter and try to hit 12 reps, do prefect form and concentrate on squeezing the muscles at the top. The more you condensate on the movement the less you will think about how much you hate it.
>>
>>41938756

That is like the fucking worst compound excercise for anything.
>>
I was doing close grip cable rows because I hate doing pendlay rows.
Decided to try pendlay again, went low on weight and tried to stick with good form (aka, not more than 20ish degrees up).
With closed cable rows I feel I can choose better how to work it out (choosing the angle you do them) and it also hits me rear delts which is cool (instead of having to do extra face pulls).
Barbell rows hit the whole back harder though, I liked that.
But you gotta eat the shit of having to go low on weight and progress in a way that you don't cheat all reps.
>>
>>41938593
T bar row.
>>
>>41939530
Elaborate? I love pendlay rows.
>>
>>41939497
solid advice m8
>>
>>41938593
I do weighted chins for lats and cable rows for middle traps and rear delts. There obviously lots of different ways to do cable rows and you can target different parts of the back with different variations. My preference is to use the separate handles so I can get that nice squeeze in the traps. Barbell rows are trash, db rows are better, do whatever you want I don't give a fuck.
>>
>15 posts in
>nobody said "pull ups"

Sure is summer in here
>>
>>41940256

it fries the CNS too much for targeting your back, it should only be used by athletes that have to do movemments that equates most to pendlay for it to be a priority.

even when to thinking about the CNS, the very strict 90 degree form will not give your traps and romboidz full ROM and therefor inferior for mass and probably the least cheat friendly excercise so not good for strenght either in that regard in that regard
>>
File: 1498459848887.jpg (129KB, 674x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498459848887.jpg
129KB, 674x960px
Shrugs,rack pulls, high pulls, snatch, cleans, farmers and waiters walks, weighted pull-chinups, heavy over head press lockouts, and hypertension deadlifts
>>
I love meadow rows
Also t.bar rows
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.