[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I get big just using machines? If I do a decent routine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1497188529582.jpg (99KB, 970x1412px) Image search: [Google]
1497188529582.jpg
99KB, 970x1412px
Can I get big just using machines?
If I do a decent routine but just use machines will I be alright? I know free weights are better but will machines work?
I just wanna get thicc and lean
>>
>>41921651
free weights aint necessary better even though they're are my only lifts since i got into a homegym.
Free weights have the advantage of involving stabilizers muscles and enhancing proprioception.

Still can get big with machines, know a guy who almost only use them. Just know to fully work your body then
>>
>>41921677
This is the redpill on machines. If you don't like free weights, don't use them.
>>
>>41921651
You'll look weird, like that one lean spic who wouldn't stop posting new CBT threads

Compounds give you thickness, don't be a bitch you dyel
>>
You can of course get big with just machines, it's just harder than being able to use free weights as well.
I mean, depending on what you mean by big you might not need any equipment at all, just food
>>
>>41921685
t. First year SS victim.
>>
>>41921651
But why though if you're talking home gym and get one of those gym siege machines then you're wasting gains and money just use a barbell bro
>>
Any resistance training done in the same intensity will yield similar results IMO. /fit/ has swallowed the "muh functional strength meme" largely, and will likely all need hip and knee replacements by 50.
>>
>>41921717
Why? you're wasting money.

Just buy a pair of rings and a foam mat.
>>
>>41921706
>t. Dyel who has no muscular balance and no functional strength
SS is a shit routine mate I never said machines were bad, but if you think only using machines is a good idea you're obviously a fucking retard lmao
>>
>>41921738
>muh functional strength
>not a rippetard
Lol, you absolutely don't need barbells to gain mass. OP's goal is too get big, any gained strength is just a bonus.
>>
>>41921651
Whats important is
Squat
Benchpress
Row
Deadlift
Pull up
Overhead press

Most od these you can replace with a machine but not squat (dont smith machine) and not deadlift
>>
>>41921738
>functional strenght
>>
>>41921795
You can replace skwatz and deadlifts. It just takes more time and effort.
>>
Yes.

But the strength doesn't transfer over to free-weights, where as the free-weight strength does carry over to machines.

Also, you want to use machines like plate-loaded hammer strength machines n shit, as well as cable machines n sheet, yeeee nigga.
>>
>>41921878
Wrong, you gain strenght in machines, you gains strenght globally.
You'll just have to learn and get yourself used to the free weight movement.

ie : lifing X lbs on a leg press =/= lifint X lbs on a squat
HOWEVER lifting X lbs on a leg press will allow you to lift Y lbs on a squat
>>
>>41921850
You can replace everything, but there's only so much time and effort available.
>>
>>41921898
>HOWEVER lifting X lbs on a leg press will allow you to lift Y lbs on a squat
And fold over like a twig, because your back, traps, and abs can't handle the static stress of keeping wieght Y in one place.
>>
>>41921904
It's up to OP to decide how much he wants to avoid barbells.
>>
>>41921923
Yeah i agree, that's why i said in a previous post that you need to wrork you whole body if you really want to replace a compound

ie squat :
> leg press
> something for lumbars, something like revers hyper ?
> thight adductor/abductor machine
> glute machine
> leg curl
So you won't get rekt like a twig
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.