[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you test your 1 Rep max? I plan on not lifting until now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: sad.jpg (29KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
29KB, 640x640px
How do you test your 1 Rep max? I plan on not lifting until now until wed-thurs to recover as much as possible then pick a weight and try it, if i dont do it lower it by 5, etc.
>>
do 3 rep maxes then put them in the calculator

the difference would probably be 1 lb or so, and its much safer
>>
>>41920441
No, that's wrong. Don't fail a rep if you can avoid it.

My max squat is 455. I hit that by warming up like this.

bodyweight squats x 10
135x8
225x5
315x2
365x1
405x1
435x1
445x1
455x1

The most I had ever done prior to that day was 415, so I had to really kind of feel it out. Don't start really high, fail reps, then have to back down. Failing reps is dangerous, teaches you bad habits, and is demoralizing.
>>
i have 5rm, is 3m really that big of a difference
>>
>>41920581
is 3rm really that big of a diff for a calculator?
>>
>>41920462
Depends on how someone trains. I use to always do heavy singles so the calculations would always underestimate by a good 10-20lbs
>>
>>41920600
>>41920581
The CNS activation for a 3rm vs a 5rm is much different. Plus on 3rm or less, you want to use the power technique of lowering the weight quickly and then driving it as hard as possible to not wast energy.
>>
i need 1rm for a training program, but i only train for 5 reps, wont my 5rm be comparitavely much better than 1rm since i train for 5? shouldjt i just put my 5rep into calc and use that?
>>
>>41920579

Agreeing with this anon. failing a rep bad for a lot of reasons, but especially bad for morale (it matters a lot, even if you don't think it does) and it tires you out much more than you think it does. Warmup well, and do triple to single reps of increasingly heavy weight with enough, but not too much time in between. You also want to slowly acclimatize your muscles for the final PR attempt. For example, when I first benched 2pl8 I did something like:

20kg/45kg x 12
60/135 x 8
80/175 x 4
85/187 x 2
90/200 x 2
95/210 x 1
100/225 x 1
>>
>>41920441
only use 2.5s so I cover the entire bar. make eye contact with the most attractive female during the lift. If she's not near by Ill wave for her to come over and once she gets close start to lift, grunt loudly like animal, and maintain way to strong eye contact. Humidity typically goes up 10-25% in the gym during this time. I sweat she sweats then I cum
>>
>>41920783
Your stats are shitty enough that it doesn't matter. Just put a number in and lift weights.
>>
Work your way up not down, take appropriate breaks and once you reach your limit you should need a spotter to lift it off of you.

Testing from up to down will lower your energy, because you're straining extra to push a weight you can't rep.

3 rep max should be 10-15lbs lower than your 1rep usually.
>>
>>41920441
Just add 2 plates to your working reps and bust one out.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.