[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you're an adult that doesn't make a living through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 65.png (32KB, 129x154px) Image search: [Google]
65.png
32KB, 129x154px
If you're an adult that doesn't make a living through some type of sport, "athleticism" is a meme. Stop wasting your time worrying about how explosive or agile you are. When you're in the gym, worry about getting bigger, stronger, or improving endurance or mobility (if you lack a sufficient amount of it). Anything else is a bullshit waste of time. If you participate in some kind of physical activity as a hobby or whatever, go and do it, but don't do some hippie shit in the gym expecting it to carryover because it won't.
>>
>CANT EVEN DO A BACKFLIP
>CANT EVEN DO A FLAG
>CANT RUN A 5K UNDER 18 MIN
>CANT DUNK A BASKETBALL
>CANT DO 1 ARM PULLUPS

Why even go to the gym if you're just gonna be mediocre, stiff, fat, and unimpressive to 99% of the world?
>>
>>41904856
enjoy your injured joins
>>
>>41904856
Humans are still animals and should strive to be strong, fast, athletic, all that shit. Obviously though, lifting weights in a muggy gym all week is wasteful. Do outdoors shit, use your strength from the gym to move further or higher or faster.
>>
>>41904918

If you actually take the time to develop an adequate amount of strength and endurance while regulating your bodyfat % (like you should be), it'll carry over and allow you to do all of those things with minimal practice.

How does it feel to be a manchild who validates himself with pointless parlor tricks?
>>
>>41904856
Being strong gives me more control in my job over faggots/women on a biological level. People are still judged on a lot of things that do not matter in the modern world due to millions of years of evolutionary programming.
>>
>>41904985
I only do calisthenics and running/sports, and can easily do 1/2/3/4 for reps. At the same time I can go run a mile under 5 minutes, or play soccer without being winded. Enjoy looking like shit, and lifting every day to be 5% stronger than someone who doesn't train for it, while having shit cardio, and explosiveness.
>>
>>41905022

I know, and that's one of the many reasons why health & fitness are important. But that doesn't mean anybody in the real world gives a shit about some neckbeard non-athlete's vertical jump.
>>
>>41905155

You're a fucktard who evidently needs to reread the OP. Or maybe you just don't understand that athleticism has nothing to do with fitness.
>>
File: IMG_0269.jpg (116KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0269.jpg
116KB, 800x720px
>>41904856
Why don't you just fuck off and let people do what they want OP? If they want to feel athletic then do be it. That's their choice. Only insecure faggots really give that much of a shit about something like this

Sage
>>
Fucking world is collapsing and op recommends not being athletic
>>
>>41905207

It's 4chan you stupid shit. Why else would I come here unless it's to argue over petty shit or watch other people do it?
>>
>>41904985
>exercising for other people
C u c k
>>
>>41904856
FUCKING AUTISTS AND THEY ROUTINES I CANT BELIEVE SOMEONE MAKES ROUTINE TO GO TO GYM AND LIFT FUCKING WEIGHTS MAKES ME SICK TO THE STOMACH

but seriously just do whatever common sense tells you to do. my common sense tells me to eat healthy stuff because i have sufficient knowledge about nutrition and it also tells me to stay active so whenever i have time i just put on some comfy shoes, go for a run or swim in the lake if its the right time of the year or play football/basketball with friends or go rock climbing/hiking or fucking whatever dont be autists with your shitty routines as if your pathetic 9-5 jobs werent bad enough
>>
File: 1493431031508.gif (2MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1493431031508.gif
2MB, 480x320px
>>41905266

Right. My point is people are IN THE GYM worrying about "athletic performance." Spoken like someone who never played a sport in their life. If you want to get jacked, go to the gym. If you want to be more athletic, go outside.
>>
>>41905327
depends on your definition of jacked.
i probably look better than 99% of this board despite being in the gym once because it was free entrance day and girl asked me to go
going to the gym doing silly repetitive motions over and over is good Only for building muscles.
you'll be too stiff and too used to certain patterns to even use acquired strength for anything else than gym lifts
GYM IS A MEME JUST DO FUN THINGS OUTDOORS - BETTER FOR HEALTH, BETTER FOR MIND (you're not poisoned by bb industry desinformation and supplements) AND BETTER IN EVERY OTHER ASPECT
>>
>>41905491

Lol no. Saying it's only good for building muscles is like saying reading books is only good for getting smarter. A bigger muscle is a stronger muscle, and strength is the most general of all adaptions. You can easily practice different things, progress at them rapidly, and potentially be better at them than a large amount of people who do those things thanks to your strength foundation. This holds to varying degrees depending on the nature of the activity in question though.

And you only get "stiff" if you fuck up and use shitty form. Big misconception there bucko. Use a full range of motion (or work up to it if you have to) and you'll have and keep above average mobility. I never stretch, only lift, but have long arms yet still do my presses through a full range of motion and have the posture and upper back strength in place to keep me safe while doing it. As a result, my friends can't put me in an americano because my shoulder mobility is so good. If by stiff you mean low flexibility relative to mobility, that's valid, but by that definition, it's good to be stiff in general for injury prevention. Specific activities that require additional flexibility are obviously a different story, but that's a personal choice.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.