[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have not been to the gym in two weeks, I got sick and missed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 1490154616235.jpg (70KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1490154616235.jpg
70KB, 640x640px
I have not been to the gym in two weeks, I got sick and missed a few days, and then stalled out. I need motivation, how do you guys stay motivated? I am supposed to start a new program too but it is 4 days a week.
>>
File: 1495342512365.jpg (35KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495342512365.jpg
35KB, 480x480px
How much gains did I lose over two weeks?
>>
Haven't been in the gym in three months feel like a failure. Alarm rings every morning at 5am. Still don't go to the gym

I'm on test BTW and might die anyway
>>
File: 1496959201880.jpg (123KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1496959201880.jpg
123KB, 1000x1000px
>>41897030
stop thinking about shit and just do.
fuckin hell, i think im trying to run away from my problems in life
>>
I was out of the gym for 1 week. Lost an inch off my arms. got it back within 3 days of heavy tricep work and heavy pulling work.

You don't lose too much strength, and the ocassional break can be useful for recovery. Keep in mind that you will lose muscle eventually if you do no exercise whatsoever.
>>
>>41897226
I am worried I will have to unload 20 pounds from each workout, 2 weeks kills gains, 1 week is nothing.
>>
You need to stop looking at the gym as a chore, and instead as something enjoyable that will allow you to physically track progress, make you push yourself, make you look better, and make you a healthier person.
Thats when youll be on the road to make it.
>>
>>41897247
Good advice
>>
Go back in and do a full body session. Pick one excercise per muscle group (pick compounds).

Do your regular warm up then start at like 70% of what you were lifting for working sets before you got sick for first set. Increase weight for second set and third set will be the weight you were using before. Stay away from failure keep like 2 reps in the tank each set focus on good form.

Chances are you haven't lost muscle in that time unless you have been crazy starving yourself due to lack of appetite. Any loss in strength and size is down to your body dropping glycogen and intramuscular water and the body being rusty at the movements.
>>
>>41897439
Thanks man, will try
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.