[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know, but I think I'm hopping off the Scot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 1
Thread images: 1

File: TheSecretLogo.jpg (28KB, 277x350px) Image search: [Google]
TheSecretLogo.jpg
28KB, 277x350px
I don't know, but I think I'm hopping off the Scott train. I never watched his videos as a serious resource on fitness, but he's often entertaining and every now and then he does have a neat idea about working out that I will go and try. More than anything, it was more about his positive attitude than any kind of perceived authority or credibility. He spent a ton of time working out super hard, but doing it in a dumb way that got poor results until he eventually figured out what to do in the gym, and that's something I could identify with. I thought of him more as a fellow traveler than a guide, you could say.

Did he shill for supplements and workout gear that you don't need? Sure, but that's the life of a professional fitness spokesman. I'm not going to hold the guy's job against him. People gotta make money. Is his cheat and recover program legit? Maybe? I think it's often ill-advised to purposefully cheat weight that you can't handle with good form, but I haven't tried it so I won't knock it. I don't think he roids and stand by him on that.

But he just shilled for The Secret. That's wear I break things off. Fitness YouTubers say a lot of dumb shit, Scott included, but the idea that anybody would seriously push The Secret is so intellectually offensive to me that I can't take him seriously any longer. If you think "the law of attraction" exists, then you have zero credibility about anything that actually does exist, like the human body and how it responds to weight training. I'm a bit heart broken.

RIP Scott.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieaTfH7Vwnc

No replies in the DB for this post!
Thread posts: 1
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.