[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never worked out. I'm a hungry skeleton and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1491055645735.jpg (95KB, 493x929px) Image search: [Google]
1491055645735.jpg
95KB, 493x929px
I've never worked out. I'm a hungry skeleton and I want to start working out to actually feel better about my body and feel healthy, stronger. Started eating more and actually gaining weight. There's a gym that opened near me, got great reviews and i'd be able to get a membership for for a very cheap price overall because of friends. Would it be a mistake to instantly jump into going to the gym? Should I go for very basic exercises first, like yoga or starting strength thing and only then go for the gym?
>>
>>41875637
just go and do something. you can do all exercises as long as you do them right.
When you're a beginner you need to focus on form a lot, because sedentary people are shit at moving correctly. You can do SS or any other beginner program. Eat enough protein and eat enough calories
>>
This is a common bad mindset that new people that want to get fit have. If you can afford it, theres nothing wrong with going to the gym at all. Make sure to ask or pay a trainer to look after you for a month and you will be golden. Yoga is great for stretching, but id rather mix gym and swimming if I was starting from 0 again
>>
>>41875637
Hungry Skeleton... whats are your stats? Age, Height, Weight

How often are you planning on going to the gym?

What does your diet consist of? How many calories? How much protein?
>>
File: 1485378050594.jpg (33KB, 334x750px) Image search: [Google]
1485378050594.jpg
33KB, 334x750px
>>41875637
idk but whatever you do dont read the sticky
>>
>>41875906
23, 58kg(127 pounds), 173cm(5'6")

I can go to the gym 4 times a week if needed, but planning to start with 2

Currently i've been getting into a new diet and holding it for abit over a month. It consists of oats,buckwheat, chicken, turkey, beans, frozen vegetable mixes (include brussel sprouts, string beans, beans, cauliflower, paprika, potatoes,carrots) fresh vegetables, such as tomatoes, spinach, beets, brocolli. Eggs, milk, cheese, curd, yoghurt. Peanut butter, bananas. Homemade and nothing pre-produced. These are the general foods I try to include somewhere atleast once a week.

I try to mix them all up, weigh them and aim for 2200 calories at least, which is still very hard to do, but atleast i'm finally able to get it down every day. Still feel like I have to force myself. I think I was sitting on like 1600 or something based on how much I was eating before and now. I'll be honest, I didn't calculate my proteins, which is bad now that I think about it.
>>
>>41875919
Stickys down faggot
>>
you need to work on having a base level of whole body strength to avoid newbie gym injuries. you'll also highlight some of your muscular imbalances. doing this is crucial so you have a better understanding for how your body reacts when lifting and experiencing doms.

i honestly think people shouldn't start lifting unless they are able to jog without getting any cramps or strains.
>>
>>41875651
This
>>
>>41875996
Shit Senpai I got you...
I'm the same Height 5'6, Weight 145 lbs, lift 4 days a week

> Not going to gain any weight at 2200 Calories, I gained the most weight at 2500 to 3200 calories. Shits going to suck and you are going to full but keep eating if you are trying to gain weight.

Here is an example from what I eat now:
> Breakfast (774 calories)
- 1 cup of Oatmeal with 1/4 cup of blueberries (179 calories)
- 2 eggo waffle with half a banana (432 calories)
- 2 egg omelette with spinach (163 calories)

> Snack (402 calories)
- Peanut butter and half a banana sandwich (402 calories)
- Coffee

> Lunch (577 calories)
- 3 pieces of Chicken drumsticks (243 calories)
- 1 cup of Brown rice (216 calories)
- 1 cup of mixed veggies (118 calories)

> Dinner (827 calories)
- 1 Bratwurst (260 calories)
- 12 oz spaghetti (537 calories)
- 1 cup of broccoli (30 calories)
(I make in bulk, 8 servings of spaghetti with a jar of ragu, not sure how many calories for sauce)

Plus Protein shake Pre and Post gym, post gym is usually smoothie.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.