[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to get good at sports you play with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1481854778692.png (9KB, 262x193px) Image search: [Google]
1481854778692.png
9KB, 262x193px
What's the best way to get good at sports you play with the lads at the gym or in the driveway, like basketball and football?

Get really big and muscle your way to victory, or spend that time working on developing skill in that sport (jumpshots and such)?

Is it enough to just have muscles? I feel like the shredded guys are always the ones who suck then get mad and start fouling everyone. But then again it would be nice to kill two birds with one stone by just focusing on muscles (looks/strength+game success) than focusing on sport skills and wasting time not getting big.
>>
>>41874832
After getting swole i became way better at basketball
If you can't get pushed you can steal balls easily
>>
>>41874868
Yeah I feel like a strong post-up game is really good since most normal guys can't shoot very far
>>
File: 2001-Karl-Malone-flexing-muscle.jpg (191KB, 1089x920px) Image search: [Google]
2001-Karl-Malone-flexing-muscle.jpg
191KB, 1089x920px
>>41874832
you can be built like karl malone or built like charles barkley. both insanely strong, one had aesthetics.

i dont know your skill level obviously but if you're asking if you should bother working on your skills vs fitness/muscle its probably not too high a competition level.
You could just watch some coaching drills on youtube for the sports you lads play pick up.

or just try to shammgod whenever possible
>>
Im athlethic but with no shot (all I do is layups, defence and rebounds) and getting very strong legs under basket is fun. Just move guys around and they angry beacuse cant do shit
>>
>>41875000
checked

also is he trying to hide wristlet-ism?
>>
>>41875032
do you have wristletism if it is giant wrist for the average man, but small for the rest of your frame?
>>
>>41875019
you could watch some youtube vids how to freethrow, then you can apply that for the wide open shots whent ehy dont respect your shooting.
Seriously watching some freethrow or shooting coach is enough to drastically improve you if you are curently terrible
>>
>>41875048

what the fuck, man I played on a team, im just tall and strong and didnt care all about shooting beacuse I always was in the paint, only time I went outside is to defend beacuse of fast legs and could keep up with smaller guys while a lot taller/stronger

freethrows have nothing to do with midrange,3 point shooting I was ok freethrower at like 70%
>>
>>41874832
I found working on my insult game helped the most. If you can piss someone else off so much that they lose all focus and want to fight you instead, that usually means your team has a much better chance of winning it all.

They key trick is anything about them can be used as an insult. Just pick one thing it could be anything but make it just personal enough. Blacks for example hate it when you clown on their shoes or their hair.
>>
>>41875054
i assumed you were just pickup games where most people are manlets.
no shot is different for that level vs someone who knows how to play basketball but just never developed shooting. even a couple old nba centres are learning to hit 3pt shot late in their career.

if you're shit enough vs shit enough competition it translates when improving!
>>
>>41875041
it's about how you are in relation to other men. so in a picture by yourself, all you can see is proportions since there is no other man to compare your wrists to. so people might think you're a wristlet bc no point of reference.

but if there's another dude and your wrists are bigger than his, then even if they look small on YOU it won't matter.

this also applies to height and other things. it's about MOGGING other guys, not the raw numbers.
>>
>>41875063
this is a good idea, I will definitely try out the shoe/hair thing with the coloreds.

I was actually playing with a bunch of chinese the other day at the gym, and wanted to call one of them a chink but I was outnumbered like 20 to 1, and they'd probably ALL swarm me.
>>
>>41875063
for pickup games vs strangers or you have a group of friends and acquaintances? for team games?
ever come to fights?
anyone dirty play to give you long term injury?
i can't be bothered to play like that anymore, if its randoms i'll go as hard as they go, if its friends there will be chirping but all in fun.
>>
>>41874868
>>41874968

And pickup games aren't going to be nearly as bitchy with fouls as the NBA.
>>
>>41875125
there's always that one guy who calls foul every time he misses though
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.