[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>telling people who have never lifted before to do squats,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

>telling people who have never lifted before to do squats, one of the most difficult and prone to injury exercises

Why do you retards think this is a good idea?
>>
>>41874293
The idea is that you haven't spent your entire life jerking off in front of a screen and that you have a basic level of flexibility and decent atheltism.

Even when I was a 14 years old DYEL 90lbs skelly I was able to do bodyweight squats below parallel from years of practicing stupid sports like soccer.
>>
>>41874293
natural selection
>>
>>41874304
>bodyweight squats
Like that guy who loaded 100 kilos on the first day and woke up in an ambulance?
>>
>>41874293
It's not hard to watch three videos on squat form and start with the bar.
>>
>>41874293
the target audience of SS isn't really pudgy neets, it's high school athletes who need to get strong for football/other sport
>>
>>41874293
>one of the most difficult and prone to injury exercises
>people actually believe this

Listen, unless you're not completely retarded, you know how a good squat looks compared to a bad squat. Compare that to Olympic lifts where you need to be trained for years to understand why one lift is objectively better than another
>>
>>41874402
Wrong. It's an introduction to lifting.
>>
>>41874402
Then why is it called "starting" strength?
>>
>>41874293
If you cant figure out how to squat with the bar you're not going to make it
>>
>>41874402
Yeah, but he's built up an impressive amount of sub retarded internet warriors who'll follow his words like their brilliant musings by the greetest lifting couch to ever exist.

Best part is that 95% of them will hit the wall hard and either quit after they realize that they were being and are annoying faggots or seriously injur themselves while ego lifting/proving they aren't a pussy then quit.
>>
>>41874293
>prone to injury
You have clearly never done skull crushers
>>
>>41874343
false equivalency
>>
>>41874293
I had more injuries doing OHP(twice actually) than doing heavy squats
>>
>>41874293

yeah dude obviously i'd be ready to squat if i got good at curls and bench
>>
>>41874293
All you need to do is start with low weight to prevent injury.
After a few months of stretching and practicing form anyone should be able to squat perfectly safely.
>>
Ok genious, how many years of curling and tricep extending do you need before becoming a squat savant? Because there are many curlbros at my gym who have lifted for over a decade and still claim they get "kee pain" when squatting.
>>
>legpress.webm
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.