[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there such a thing as a narrow stance, toes out, low bar squat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 269_2.jpg (69KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
269_2.jpg
69KB, 850x567px
Is there such a thing as a narrow stance, toes out, low bar squat? I get serious pain on my hip doing a wide stance, and on a narrow stance it is almost non existant
>>
Just do a high bar squat? Honestly, if you aren't a competitive power lifter, there is literally no advantage to going low bar.

>but muh glute and hamstring development

If you are squatting, regardless of the bar position, you will build a big and strong posterior chain. The guy in your pic is on the road to wrist pain, and bicep tendonitis if he does that regularly with increasing weight. Just do high bar srs.
>>
>>41857914
Same. you also may want to see a physician and ask if you have FAI, also go to a physical therapist and tell him your issue. Someone who knows their shit.
>>
>>41857995
>The guy in your pic is on the road to wrist pain, and bicep tendonitis
why? because he's holding the bar weight with his arms?
>Just do a high bar squat
I'll try
>>41858055
I'm getting a hip MRI in 10 hours from now. My doctor suspects chondral damage in the hip/socket area. if that's the case, am I caput for squatting?
>>
you need to stretch your hips regardless
>>
>>41858849
>>41858849
>why? because he's holding the bar weight with his arms?

it's all about leverages. you won't find center of balance with the weights from that position unless you wind up supporting them with your arms and that immediately bottlenecks the max amount you will be able to squat. just do highbar
>>
File: 1494099505341.jpg (96KB, 555x747px) Image search: [Google]
1494099505341.jpg
96KB, 555x747px
>>41857914

Watch this, OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fob2wWEC72s&t
>>
>>41859096
>2:25

brrrp
>>
>>41857914
You are probably getting too much stress on the knee, you can't take everything from one side and make it dissapear, it goes to other levers. I would sugest box squats if you are not a powerlifter, bracing your core really tight. If you have low back pain you probably have poor mobility (tight hip flexors / glutes / and quads). Watch based EB for some stretches.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNM2wkhUhEA

Good luck
>>
>>41860889
EDIT: This applies only if you don't have a herniated disc or something similar, if it's just anterior pelvic tilt, or just tightness, then you can solve it.

I tell you from my own experience.
>>
File: richpianoYOUREADY.jpg (122KB, 1371x1014px) Image search: [Google]
richpianoYOUREADY.jpg
122KB, 1371x1014px
>>41857914
Everyone's hips are structured a bit differently. Your femurs may insert into your hip bones at an angle that makes wide stance squatting uncomfortable.

I'd say embrace the narrower stance squat.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.