[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people who lose a large amount of weight who clearly know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4221.png (547KB, 592x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4221.png
547KB, 592x598px
Why do people who lose a large amount of weight who clearly know how to diet gain all the weight back and more? Because they don't understand TDEE. Why don't they teach this high school?
>>
>>41857887
Who is this semen demon
>>
>>41857887
TDEE?
>>
>I've reached my goal weight!
>now I can eat like I used to again!
>>
>>41857887
It's more psychological than that, though technically that is the answer. The question is WHY though.

It's called yo yo dieting, and is largely contributed to "defaulting" to a way of life engrained in the individual that made them fat in the first place. As soon as motivation or good feels after losing weight wear off OR life's stresses see-saw back to an uncomfortable level, the individual returns to their old ways.
>>
Drastic fat loss causes a drop in RMR which makes TDEE too high. You need to eat at about 200-400 less than expected maintanemce for 3 weeks to reset your RMR to expected ranges.
>>
The two times I've gained back weight in 8 years after finally dropping it were
>two years of being a depressed alcoholic and not giving a fuck
>having a gf who goes all "hurr you are way too thin put on some weight :^)" who broke up for some shitty reason
Granted in the first case it was twice as bad as in the second one but both can ultimatively get boiled down to
>I just stopped giving a fuck
>>
>>41858094
Study? Never heard this before.
>>
File: food-pyramid.png (202KB, 664x477px) Image search: [Google]
food-pyramid.png
202KB, 664x477px
>>41857887
Because they start eating like they did when they were fat once their diet ends

People need to know that it's not about the 2 month diet, but the lifestyle that surrounds it. Get into the habit of yo-yo dieting and you'll always be miserable, either because you're eating well below your maintenance or because you're a fat fuck

And no, they don't teach this in schools. All I was taught is muh food group pyramid
>>
>>41857887
Is there more of this and/or sauce?
>>
>>41857887
Being overweight is a mental disorder. Losing fat tissue is not going to fix your brain
>>
>>41858217
the biggest loser study

>>41858094
are you having a stroke?
I think I know what you are trying to say in the first sentence but the second sentence is unintelligible
>>
>>41857900
total daily energy expenditure
>>
File: nick.jpg (83KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
nick.jpg
83KB, 640x640px
>>41857887

im gonna need a source.
>>
People see diet and exercise as a temporary fix, when they're a lifestyle. Also, people who lose weight often mostly do cardio and don't incorporate any strength work - if you replaced 50 pounds of fat with 10 pounds of muscle you'd have a much easier time adapting to the hit to your maintenance calories, because it'd be much smaller
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.