[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Intermittent Fasting good /fit/? Anyone here that's tried

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: ss+(2016-10-27+at+01.17.32).jpg (87KB, 757x475px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-27+at+01.17.32).jpg
87KB, 757x475px
Is Intermittent Fasting good /fit/? Anyone here that's tried it that can give me advice on it?
>>
>>41855602

Its good for controlling appetite yes.
If your appetite is a problem for you when it comes to controlling calorie intake, then IF is a good idea.

I don't know the science. But basically once you break your fast after sleeping, your blood sugar and appetite start their up and down cycle that comes with eating.

I've never intentionally done IF, but I definitely find it easier to go for 3-4 hours without any food after waking than I do to have a small breakfast followed by 3-4 hours of no food.
>>
>>41855602
you make the choice to be hungry in the morning and less hungry in the evening rather than being realy hungry all the time. Its realy that simple bro its all about prefence
>>
It gave me the shits
>>
>>41855602
I fast for 16-18 hours a day and only eat 2 meals a day. Fasting gave me more energy and focus in my working hours which is that 16-18 hours. I recommend black coffee with nothing in it to suppress appetite and also to make the fasting easier by making half of your fast during your sleeping hours. My last meal is always at around 5 pm so I fast from 6 pm until like 1 pm the next day when I have my first meal. I love how I don't have to worry about making a shit load of meals, only two meals a day with all the calories I need. If I want to be at a caloric deficit then I make my two meals around 1500 calories total. If I want to gain weight I make my two meals around 2300 calories. It is so much fun to have a huge meal waiting for you at the end of your fast instead of bitchy small meals throughout the day.

>pic the type of woman you can have when you fast like a warrior
>>
IF does have a few downsides
>>
File: 1494538105364.png (88KB, 205x256px) Image search: [Google]
1494538105364.png
88KB, 205x256px
>>41856887
intermediate fasting while bulking? are you retarded?
>>
>>41856951
if you're on a caloric surplus, why not? you're still going to gain weight
>>
>>41856951
It's intermittent fasting and yes you can do it while bulking. All you have to do is have enough calories and protein and don't fast for more than 16 hours while bulking. Studies have been done on it where human growth hormones have increased 1000 % on people who regularly fast. IF is not soem joke, it's better than spiking your insulin level the whole day while eating small bitchy meals. Insulin and HGH dont coexist.
>>
IFing here for over a year, this pattern is great for hunger control and making an enjoyable cut. The first week is hard if you were used to eating right after waking up, but now I can't imagine eating on another pattern, strictly because of convenience
>>
>>41855602
It's pretty good option to try if you fail at other types of dieting, but you still need to control yourself hard. Nothing comes for free
>>
>>41855602
I do 16/8
Helped me get over a plateau on this cut. I'm still hungry as shit though idk how others say it helped with appetite.
>>
>>41856999

checked. would you ever do it for bulking?
>>
>>41857108
not that guy, but I have a hard time eating well at bulking levels within an 8 hour window, so I'd be inclined to eat oats for breakfast in the morning or something so I don't fall short on calories for the day

IF is great for cutting though, and maybe maintenance
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.