[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never lifted weights before. Have done calisthenics on and off,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2017-06-19-06-58-00_1.jpg (950KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-19-06-58-00_1.jpg
950KB, 1080x1920px
Never lifted weights before. Have done calisthenics on and off, do you guys think I have decent base to start packing on muscle?

Height is 6ft, last time I weighed myself I was about 160ish. Also, this isn't my room so I'm not going to clean it.
>>
>>41853212
Go find out anon.
>>
>Never lifted weights before.

You don't fucking say.

>do you guys think I have decent base to start packing on muscle?

Everyone does. But anyone can sit on their ass and dream of doing shit. The magic is in the actually doing it.
>>
>>41853212
absolutely, you're pretty much where I was when I started. assuming you have a healthy skeleton, I'd start a beginner's routine (see the stickied thread on the first page). They're pretty much all the same, and you'll make progress pretty quickly.
>>
yo, the website in the sticky is down so i'll ask in this thread

If I do starting strength how much weight am I supposed to do my first session with?
>>
>>41853339
bar
>>
>>41853361
ty
>>
>>41853339
oh shit, I didn't know it was down.

Well, you can start with the empty bar if you want, and you'll just work up the weight in a few weeks. Alternatively, on your first day, you can do sets of 5 with more and more weight until the bar starts slowing down, and then reduce it by ~15lbs. I personally started with 115lbs, so try around there, maybe?
>>
>>41853212
>do you guys think I have decent base to start packing on muscle?

You're a male, so yes. What the fuck kind of question is this shit? Are you looking for people to stroke your ego telling you that you have amazing insertions and proportions and that you'll be the next Coleman?

Motherfucker just go lift. No one has any idea what you'll look like when you're bigger...
>>
>>41853339
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>>
>>41853339
>>41853361
>>41853364
That's SL.

SS you do sets of 5 on the first day and the weight that slows your bar speed down slightly is your first set of 3x5.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.