[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would happen if I just stuck to front squats? Would I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 6C1CEbg.jpg (471KB, 3600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
6C1CEbg.jpg
471KB, 3600x2400px
What would happen if I just stuck to front squats? Would I have to worry about any imbalances?
>>
>>41849743
You wouldn't develop your glutes and hammies as much, and your posterior chain would slowly get weaker.

I've also found that for me front squats tend to recruits a lot of lower abs while backsquat recruits a lot of obliques.

Also you wouldn't be able to lift as heavy with frontsquats so you'd miss on dem test boosts
>>
Warning this guy:
>>41849756
is mentally handicapped

>>41849743
OP, you'd become very good at front squats. Quads, glutes, upper back and abs will become stronk as fuck.

The downside to solely doing front squats is that you can't overload as easily and you might miss out on some heavier lifts - if that doesn't bother you, it's fine.

Personally I'd recommend you follow a 2:1 FSq/BSq ratio if you're keen on developing both lifts - however, there's no reason to do so unless you want to.
>>
>>41849819

Yeah first guy is a fucking retard.

Front squats work your posterior chain much more than back squats do.

Second poster sounds really intelligent and basically said what I was going to say but way more intelligently
>>
>>41849743
no, it's fine

you can't load them as heavy and they fucking hurt but front squats are perfectly fine as your primary squat, plenty of people have gotten savagely strong with them
>>
>>41849756
Ignore this guy. Shut your mouth if you dont know shit
You dont squat to train your hamstrings in the first place. Glute activation is exactly the same to high bar.
Works your core like crazy

Front squats are amazing, my favorite exercise with OHP. I rarely do high bar squats now, mostly FS. A little less weight doesnt bother me. Also, it trains my neck more than high bar I feel
>>
Yeah this thread is nice and all, but is that a boy butt or a girl butt i really need to know.
>>
File: jWMjpgD.jpg (895KB, 3880x5864px) Image search: [Google]
jWMjpgD.jpg
895KB, 3880x5864px
Cheers lads. Been doing back squats less and less these days as I've always preferred front squats. They've just always been more comfortable for me. I feel like I'm not really missing out on much by concentrating less on back squats but just thought I should ask.
>>
So back squats are just a meme?
>>
im not able to do front squats because my shoulders are uneven. has anyone had a problem like this and fixed it? do you need physical therapy?
>>
>>41849756
honestly just kill yourself you useless cunt. you dont know shit. honestly kill yourself
>>
>>41849743
if you do deadlifts also then its completely fine to stick to front squats as your main squat, especially if you plan on getting into oly lifting at any point
>>
>>41849819
He also wouldn't be able to do as much volume work (unless he has a superhuman upper back, which is a proper goal in itself), so the gains would overall be slower.
That's bad if he's training for a sport, but for aesthetics or general health? It's probably a good idea.
>>
>>41849743
i do only handstand pushups, pullups and run (would add deadlifts and squats but no good weights, sometimes ill squat with my 90kg friend on my back though)
does it create any imbalances? i just want to be healthy
>>
Not OP but I'm curious about front vs. back squats too

I am a dancer and lift to get stronger for dancing, and intuitively it seems like front squats would have more carry over to dance because of the upright posture
But the quads are the least important leg muscle for dance; abs, upper & lower back, glutes and especially adductors are more important which says to me that I should do back squats with a wide stance

What do /fit/?
>>
>>41851249
Do you think the kind of muscular action you do is similar to olympic lifts?
If you do, then consider that training heavy back squats does work better than only doing front squats, for those being generally stronger trumps the better carryover.
>>
>>41851247
It won't cause medical imbalances, but you'll have a relatively weaker lower body.
Look at male gymnasts, very aesthetic, but (compared to other athletes) chicken legs.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.